Menu

Does anyone have a Tabletop Fountain?

Ginevra

My experience is that the smaller ones have a pump that is louder than the water, which is annoying rather than soothing.  

I have instead turned to Pandora's suite of relaxation stations; I like the Yoga one but there are quite a few other relaxing/environmental ones to choose from.  My cable TV also comes with a similar station.  Both of these are clutter-free, maintenance-free solutions.

We have a certain time in the evening when we turn the TV to the relaxation station, which helps everyone disengage and wind down.

My experience is that the smaller ones have a pump that is louder than the water, which is annoying rather than soothing.  

I have instead turned to Pandora's suite of relaxation stations; I like the Yoga one but there are quite a few other relaxing/environmental ones to choose from.  My cable TV also comes with a similar station.  Both of these are clutter-free, maintenance-free solutions.

We have a certain time in the evening when we turn the TV to the relaxation station, which helps everyone disengage and wind down.

This is not a bad idea, either. 

I have one from Target. It was fairly cheap and worked pretty well almost daily for a couple of years. You had to mind the water level a bit or it wolud shoot water outside of the base. You also really need to use distilled water in it. We didn't and it ended up all limed up. We also had to be careful how the motor was seated or it could get pretty loud. Definitely buy for quality, use distilled water, and you should be fine.

I miss my fountain - it really was lovely.

I like mine.

If the water gets too low then the pump gets too loud.

I have never had algae but if I won't be running it daily I empty the water.

If I need to run water to get it hot I catch the water in a bottle that I use for the fountain so it doesn't feel like a waste of water.

To adjust the sound of the water I arrange stones to redirect the water.

Agree with the distilled water. We loved ours for years. DH built a wonderful solar fountain that is part of our landscaping a few years ago, and we just have that one outside now. But the indoor fountain was nice.

Be sure to protect your furniture from tiny splashes, too.