Menu

Freezing scrambled eggs?

Moxie

I like my eggs with sausage, peppers, onions and cheese. It just seems like a time-saver to make a big batch once. Plus, I'm not a morning person--turning on the microwave is the best I can manage! Hmmm... I might do a test run today.

In that situation, I would cook the sausage and chop the peppers and onions on the weekend and freeze that in individual bags. Then grab a bag, drop it in the pan, add eggs and cheese and voila! You could even throw it all in a bowl and microwave.

I make egg sandwiches in the morning with a microwave. Just spray a bowl lightly with Pam, crack an egg in, microwave for one minute. Then add it to two pieces of toast and a slice of cheese. It slides right out of the bowl onto the toast. It's a favorite for my kids on busy mornings.

I like my eggs with sausage, peppers, onions and cheese. It just seems like a time-saver to make a big batch once.

Pre-cut sausage, peppers, onion, and freeze in portions so that you only have to grab a bag and throw the content in the pan with the eggs. These ingredients will freeze much better than the finished dish

I will cook breakfast on Sunday and leave it in the fridge for DS to eat during the week.  Sometimes plain scrambled eggs, sometimes with goodies in it.  I usually make enough for 3-4 days so he can decide to have a bagel once or twice for variety.  All he does is scoop whatever portion he wants onto a plate and nuke it - no problem.

I like my eggs with sausage, peppers, onions and cheese. It just seems like a time-saver to make a big batch once. Plus, I'm not a morning person--turning on the microwave is the best I can manage! Hmmm... I might do a test run today.

I make breakfast burritos with sausage, eggs, peppers, onions and potatoes. I roll them into burritos, wrap them in foil and freeze. DH takes them to work. He unwraps them and reheats them in the microwave at work. I think those freeze better than plain eggs. You could do them assembly-line style with your older kids.