Menu

Anybody find a way to use Myst, Riven or Exile with Windows XP?

Meriwether

You can always buy them from gog.com.  They're really cheap, only a couple bucks.

Thanks, Mergath!

Meriwether, I've bought it, and started playing it a little bit.  Just looking around in it some, and it is just like the original game.  There hasn't been any improvement in graphics or anything.  It is just the game as I remember it.  I can't say if it is the full game, though, as I haven't played through the whole thing yet.

I know when I downloaded it, I clicked on the picture on the self looking page, and an information page came up.  I clicked on the line that says "Windows Installer, English", and it downloaded.  I clicked on the downloaded file, and followed the instructions given.

Hope that helps!

Ah, memories. I loved those games! When DH and I were newlyweds, we'd sit up all night playing them.

Are there any current games like those? An app would be even better!

Tons!  If you google "PC adventure games," you'll find lists of more games than you could play in a lifetime.

There are apps too, although the quality on those seems to vary much more than with the pc games, but you just have to look in the same genre.

Merchant, I saw that when I googled, but the price made me think it might not be the full version or something. Have you bought things there before?

We but lots from them.They are full games and drm free unlike SOME services (*cough*steam*cough*). It's is an excellent site and I have nothing but warm and fuzzy feelings for GOG.

• 2 weeks later...