Menu

People, people, people....sometimes you just have to shake your head and laugh...

QuirkyKapers

We bought a mattress today.  Dh tied it on top of the car.  Every so often we would stop and make sure it was still secure since we didn't want it to fall off.  Dh stops in a residential area.  A guy comes out of his house and says, "Didn't you tie the mattress on the car?".  People are so hysterical!  No dude, we thought we would see how far we could drive before the mattress fell off the car. Uhh, mattresses are expensive and we are not idiots!  Thank you very much!  Makes you wonder what all this guy has seen happen as cars have driven by.  :lol:

We bought a mattress today.  Dh tied it on top of the car.  Every so often we would stop and make sure it was still secure since we didn't want it to fall off.  Dh stops in a residential area.  A guy comes out of his house and says, "Didn't you tie the mattress on the car?".  People are so hysterical!  No dude, we thought we would see how far we could drive before the mattress fell off the car. Uhh, mattresses are expensive and we are not idiots!  Thanks you very much!  Makes you wonder what all this guy has seen happen as cars have driven by.  :lol:

Here's your sign :lol:

I had to swerve around a mattress in the middle of the freeway once. Thank you for being careful!

We had to drive over a ladder once that fell from someone's vehicle. What happened after was horrible. No one was injured but what happened behind us on the highway was truly scary. Cars were damaged and the idiot who lost his ladder had no clue what he had done.

Also, driving back from our Thanksgiving vacation we passed not one, but three, couches on the interstate. :huh: People can be clueless.

Wow. I would never tie a mattress to the top of a car. That is dangerous. There are other, safer ways to transport mattresses. Additionally, it's worth it to pay for delivery. 

It is true that it can be dangerous, especially if it isn't tied on right and you aren't careful.  Considering the hassle and cost of renting a vehicle (the mattress we bought was from a discount store), and that we don't know anyone who has a big enough truck, this wasn't an option in my dh's mind.  In fact, dh would be loathe to pay or ask for help if he thought he could do it himself and save money too!   We thought the mattress would fit in our SUV but it didn't.  I was totally shocked when we bought a couch and chair that we rented a vehicle.  I was just thankful finally got a new mattress :)