Menu

Men's Khakis that last?

jenn-

I swear my 36 yo DH is worse than any of my boys combined with how fast he blows through his work pants.  He used to buy from the Gap but they changed their pants and are much thinner material.  Next he started wearing some of JcPenney's weekday to weekend pants (I can't remember the brand).  But at $40 a pop, him blowing out knees was getting expensive.  Now he buys cheap things depending on the sale.  I would like to get him some that will last a least a year or have a warranty to last that long.  Any ideas?

I buy Docker's mostly, but I've also had good luck with Polo Ralph Lauren (only on sale or at an outlet).  He has never had the issue of blowing out knees, but he does put a hole in the pocket where his wallet goes and the bottoms fray, so I can definitely tell differences in quality.  I've also purchased some Lee brand at Kohl's.  They didn't last as long as the others, but they were less expensive so probably just as good a value. 

I've also had good luck with Polo Ralph Lauren (only on sale or at an outlet). 

These are my husband's go to for out and about being a dad and taking the kids places.  He wears suits for church, meetings with clients, board meetings, and court but goes more casual at least two or three days a week and he has a few pair of these he bought two years ago that are still in his rotation and still look great.   I think they are worth the extra cost because in our experience they have held up well. 

I am DONE with J.C. Penney and mostly done with Land's End.  I'm very disappointed with those companies of late.  

DH wears L.L. Bean at the office, and I wear Dickie's pants for both home and work because they have ladies' talls. 

I saw that Sears is going to spin off Land's End back into an independent company again.  I think they started going down hill as soon as Sears bought them out.  Here's hoping they will turn around!

We are also close enough to a Polo outlet to get those. They are definitely a higher quality level than gap, dockers, etc. They just look really nice. They also last years and years in this house.

Hope that Sears spinning off Lands End rumor is true--I agree that their quality has gone downhill. I used to think Lands End and LLBean were about the same quality-wise, but in recent years I've been much happier with LLBean.

Thanks for the continued responses. I should mention that dh is in IT and is constantly catching his pants on something in the server room. Between that and crawling under desks, most pants don't stand a chance. His most recent pair met their demise at the hand of a server falling on him. We were lucky he wasn't hurt but he took a nasty gash out of the pants. I am definitely looking these brands up.