Menu

Anyone had laser hair removal?

Alia_in_FL

I have not had laser hair removal, but I LOVE my Tria.  http://www.triabeauty.com/?gclid=CLejkd-En7sCFcFj7AodjyAAOw

I started using in it August.  The progress is slow, but it is working.  I hope by next Summer I can put on a bathing suit or a sleeveless shirt without any worries.

It is expensive, but worth it.

I did.  It was fantastic, but you want one that uses a cool laser.  The hot lasers burn like fire.  I switched!  It takes multiple treatments and costs a lot.  They told me that some of the hair could come back if I had a big hormone shift like having a baby.  I assured them that that would never happen.  Hahaha!  Han Solo sure fooled me.  Some of the hair did indeed come back (Grrr!).  I have only a few hairs on my calves and bikini line, but more came back on my thighs.  Crap!   It's not quite as much as it was before, and it's finer than it was before the treatments, but still it's more than I would like.

I'm thinking about getting a Tria after the holidays.  I've heard good things about it and it costs less than two treatments.  Since my hair is finer from the original treatments, I don't think it should take too long, and even if it does, who cares.  BTW, even with some of the hair coming back, when I shave, it's super smooth.

I have had 1 of 6 treatments on my lower legs. Treatment 2 is coming up this week. It has made a significant difference already, though of course I do not have long-term data. The center is pretty adamant about having 6 treatments exactly 6 weeks apart for best results. It was enough money that, while I don't entirely trust the science behind the 6x6 schedule, I am not willing to disregard it.

I got a special for just under $1000. It is a pile of money, but I have wanted to do it forEVER as I shave every day, year around.

I want to add that no, no scars, and I scar pretty easily, but it hurt more than I expected, a lot more!  It should hurt less in future treatments, since there is less to zap.  I was trying to remember that Lamaze breathing that was so useless when I was in labor.  It didn't help during laser treatments, either, alas...

I want to do my bikini line.   If I haven't shaven there for like 10+ days and I shave, it looks smooth, but when I re-shave 3 days later, I get bumps and I can't wear a swimsuit without looking red/bumpy. So that's where I want to do it mostly.

I think I'll look into the Tria for starters.   

Thanks all.

I have not had laser hair removal, but I LOVE my Tria.  http://www.triabeauty.com/?gclid=CLejkd-En7sCFcFj7AodjyAAOw

I started using in it August.  The progress is slow, but it is working.  I hope by next Summer I can put on a bathing suit or a sleeveless shirt without any worries.

It is expensive, but worth it.

Does it hurt?

I hadn't heard of the Tria; I'll have to look into it. I've been so tempted my laser hair removal. My hair is fairly fine and doesn't grow quickly to start with, which I'm happy about, so I wonder if it is worth it? I hate shaving and am prone to razor burn, but I'd only want laser treatments if they really made it so I didn't have to shave!

I had the treatments.  Maybe because I am a redhead, they totally did not work for me.  I would have loved to never had to shave my underarms again.  But, alas.  They even tried a great many treatments because I got a guarantee that they would just keep trying until it worked.  But it never did. 

I do love the Tria.

Does it hurt?  A little.  It is a very quick teeny tiny burn, which I have heard is similar to at the laser centers.

That said, there are 5 levels and levels 1 through 3 really don't hurt. I am now using level 5 on my underarms and I barely feel it.  You must shave before using it, and over time you can increase the level without increasing the pain.  I have found this to be true.

I am using it on my bikini line and underarms because my other body hair is too light.  (hope that is not TMI).

I like being able to use it at home at my convenience.  There are not instant results, but I am OK with that.  I do see progress, and it is so worth it.  I cannot shave my bikini line reguarly or I get the red bumps. I now do not need to shave as often, and I am comfortable getting in a bathing suit to swim.

That said I would not be comfortable sitting by the pool yet - I am swimming at an indoor pool where I jump in and jump out.

When I was considering it, I called and talked to their service rep and was convinced it would work for what I wanted.  They were very helpful and I recommend giving them a call.

I hadn't heard of the Tria; I'll have to look into it. I've been so tempted my laser hair removal. My hair is fairly fine and doesn't grow quickly to start with, which I'm happy about, so I wonder if it is worth it? I hate shaving and am prone to razor burn, but I'd only want laser treatments if they really made it so I didn't have to shave!

I am certainly no pro at this, but my understanding is that how well it works has more do do with the color of your hair than the texture.  If your hair is fine and dark, I think it would work better than if your hair is fine and light.  The laser also reads the contrast between your hair and skin, so dark hair/light skin is the best combo, but my tech (whom I know in real life--our sons are friends) said they see a lot of Indian and Pakistani women.  And I did see several in the waiting room, so brown skin with very dark hair apparently still works.

One thing I have noticed is that, apparently because my skin is so light, even right after shaving, you can still see the hair below the skin on parts of my legs.  Lovely.  Anyway, after one session, that is no longer visible.  Yippee!