Menu

Horse Gifts for little girl, any ideas?

indigomama

I like the Schliech animals, but I think they're made in China now, as is everything though. Do you have Tractor Supply stores in your area? I remember seeing a rocking horse there for little kids--the small ones, with the stuffed body on wooden rockers.

I love those stuffed rocker horses, I think they are so cute, but my daughter is really tall for her age and I don't think it would last her long, maybe her little sister though.

I will look at the Schliech and Breyer horses. Who usually has the best prices on those?

Guest submarines

Schleich horses and unicorns are wonderful--very realistic breeds. Their foals are so cute! Bryer is nice too. DD loves Bryer soft toys. They are good quality. We found good deals on them on ebay in the previous years.

Guest submarines

The Schliech horses are more affordable but their barn on Amazon is $110! Wow. Although I can probably find a different barn.

I actually don't like their barn as much. We have a simple wooden barn, I'm not sure what's the brand, maybe Plan toys? We got it on sale at Toys R Us one year.

DD11 has had her Schleich horses since she was 2. The collection keeps growing, and she still likes them.

Also, Playmobil has a really nice horse sets. There's a farm. There are various horses and riders. They are great toys as well.

Also, instead of the barn, you can get fence links (either playmobil, or Shcleich) to build enclosures. They are really fun, sold separately, and are not expensive. We don't have the Schleich ones, but we have plenty of Playmobil fences, and they are green (but not interchangeable--yellow goes with yellow, green with green.)

We got Sweet P a set of horse sheets from Target (but if you can find PBK Lucy Ringmaster, they are cuter :)).  We are also getting her some Playmobil horse things, I think they are part of the fairy or castle line.

ETA:  This is the set I was thinking of, but they have a ton of Playmobil horse stuff on Amazon that I've never seen at TRU. 

Love Breyer.  

Have you checked out Hearthsong.com?  They have a great section for horse-loving little girls, I'm sure there would be something age appropriate.  They usually have good quality toys.  

ETA: here's a link:  http://www.hearthsong.com/i-love-horses/i-love-horses.htm   I know the guy who makes the recycled tire swings, we used to do shows together.  He is a sweetheart.  Seeing his swing just brought back lots of fond memories.  We always seemed to be next door neighbors!

Love Breyer.  

Have you checked out Hearthsong.com?  They have a great section for horse-loving little girls, I'm sure there would be something age appropriate.  They usually have good quality toys.  

ETA: here's a link:  http://www.hearthsong.com/i-love-horses/i-love-horses.htm   I know the guy who makes the recycled tire swings, we used to do shows together.  He is a sweetheart.  Seeing his swing just brought back lots of fond memories.  We always seemed to be next door neighbors!

There was some very cute things there, thanks! I think she would love a horse sleeping bag, though I might look for one somewhere slightly cheaper.

Adding that you can make fields and a pond from sheets of felt cut accordingly. 

I have lots of felt. I could put together a whole box of goodies, horses, felt, fencing like mentioned from pp. Thanks!

http://www.target.com/p/our-generation-20-american-paint-horse-with-accessories/-/A-13407849#prodSlot=medium_1_11&term=our+generation+horse

My girls each have a horse from this series from Target. This is actually their second horse each from Target. The older ones live at their Nana's now. They've held up for YEARS and well loved.

Good to know what holds up well. Thank you.

www.wildhorsefeathers.com

Off to look!

We have a Schleich barn that might be able to sell and ship if it's in the US if someone is interested. We have a ton of Schleich animals as well. 

Sorry we  have the stable..http://www.schleich-s.com/en/US/toys/farm_life_horse_stable/

I would agree that the Breyer are fragile and better for older kids. My kids loved the Schleich animals. They seemed to talk me into a new animal every time we went to Target. We have buckets of them! We also have the Schleich Animal Nursery that we have tried to sell. The animals are solid and sturdy. They provided HOURS of play for my kids. Probably the most played with toy in their young lives. If anyone is interested let me know and I could put a list together of what we have but I have no money to pay for shipping either so the price would have to include that. It might be a way to get my kids some clothes, which is what they need now and I can't afford. 

Just going to put this out there as well, don't know if people buy used stuff for the Holidays but I also have a twin size pink horse duvet cover from the Company Kids online. I am selling that as well. I have posted on CL locally but so far no one is interested. 

My girls each have one of these barns http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4327680&mr:referralID=fc8a3b19-5c6d-11e3-9104-001b2166c62d&cagpspn=plat_8235811&camp=PLAPPC-_-PID8235811&KPID=8235811 and have loved them and they have held up well.

For a 3 1/2 year old though you could do like others said and start with some fencing, felt for ponds and pastures, etc. and save some money, space, and save a bigger thing until she is a bit older.