Menu

Jim Weiss audiobooks

mlktwins

If you're not familiar with his recordings, you might want to start with just one.  I bought several of them, and it turns out that we're not really fans of his style. 

As for recommendations, though, our favorite is Carry On, Mr. Bowditch.   It's a very good story, but we might have ended up skipping it on this cycle if it weren't for the audio version.  :001_smile:

As many as you can stand.  Seriously.  We've heard him live probably 5-6 times, and he's outstanding, both as a performer and as a person.  He was recently performing an hour away from us, and I was so bummed that we had to miss it.

Our library has about 90% of his work.  We recently listened to Treasure Island again (probably the 3rd or so time) because his take on the classic stories is always so wonderful.

Also, be sure to check the Homeschool Buyer's Co-Op before you buy anything. Depending on what you get you could save by going through them. (The co-op is FREE to join and regularly has awesome discounts on curricula and resources.)  They currently have a group buy on Jim Weiss audio CDs.  I just picked up 10.  :)  And yes, it was hard to choose which ones I wanted.. :) 

However, if you want MP3's it's cheaper through Amazon.  I

Right, libraries.  And don't feel bad if you don't like them . . . we are huge audiobook fans, and we don't like him very much.  We especially don't like the retellings of full stories like the Three Musketeers and Robin Hood.  The stand-alone stories, like fairy tales, are ok, but it's kind of a very melodramatic and overblown speaking style that doesn't suit everyone's fancy.