Menu

Help me help dd8 spend $25 on iTunes on games for iPad

My daughter received a $25 gift card for itunes. It is for her ipad, not music. I'd like the games to be redeaming in some way but pure sweet not brain destroying fun is good too. Educational and fun would be icing.

Please help us to spend, spend, spend! We're visiting gift giver next week and I'd like to show up with something to show for ourselves.

Thanks,

Stack the States and Stack the Countries are classics that my son loved. Mystery Math Town, Mystery Math Museum, and Sushi Math are also educational and fun. 

In the purely fun category my daughter and I both love Toca Tailor Fairy Tales. Actually any app by Toca Boca is great. 

For just plain fun games, one of my dc really likes some of the Maverick Software games:

More Buffet (actually this one is kind of educational, because you "make" food from different countries)

More Cookies

Holiday Dinner

More Breakfast -- dd just told me to recommend this one, apparently she really likes it!

and I like Cupcake Detective.  You read mystery cards and make cupcake combinations that "solve" the mystery.  Dd says Cupcake Detective might be too hard for an 8yo...   These are all inexpensive, $0.99 except for Cupcake Detective which is $1.99. 

My kids also like Noble Nutlings (free) and Hill Climb Racing (free).

Then there is Minecraft Pocket Edition -- not as elaborate as the PC edition, but quite a lot of fun.

Have fun choosing your new games!

Dragonbox!

I think Where's My Water and Cut the Rope have a light logic element to them.  My kids enjoyed solving Myst and playing Riven on iPad and those have puzzle elements too.

We enjoy having board games we can play together on the iPad - Ticket to Ride and The Amazing Labyrinth both have pass and play elements that work pretty much exactly the same as their physical counterparts.

Geeze, I assumed it could be used at the App Store. I hope so.

We have: stack the states/countries

Toca boca games

Dragon box

We'll check out the others.

Thanks!

It can! I just never knew that. I redeemed them last night and bought a bunch of new apps, mostly for my little guy so far.

My Play Home and My Play Home Store. It's a virtual dollhouse where the child can play with toys, jump on the bed, cook and serve food, do dishes, etc. The store is sold separately. Now kids can leave the house and walk to the store to buy food for the fridge. So cute.

Scribblenauts remix

Rush Hour

The Human Body by Tinybop. Super fun and educational

Layton Brothers Mystery Room

Second the Toca games

World of Goo

Monster Physics

Cat Physics

Cooking Mama Seasons