Menu

A Sunday Chat

Jean in Newcastle

Hi everyone!  It appears to be lightly snowing while the sun is out.  Or is it drizzling while the sun is out?  No matter what, it's weird!  What is the weather like where you are?

Dd and ds are sick.  They've requested chicken noodle soup, grapes and chocolate cookies.  What do you or your kids want when you are sick or need comforting?

And today's totally random question:  What computer games do you play?

We have been watching the weather all day.  Wind & rain followed by more wind and rain.  Under tornado watches. 

My kids don't like chicken noodle soup at all.  When they are sick and I try to give it to them they fuss.  It just varies what we want when we are sick.  I usually want a coke.

I like mahjong titans and solitaire 

I played several computer games via FB for several years, Bejeweled Blitz, Candy Crush, the Witches one, the equivalent of Scrabble, and more.  I gave them all up cold turkey a year or so ago.  My family couldn't believe I did it, and they couldn't believe that I stopped for even a week, much less longer.  I still play no games on FB.

The only thing I do now if Sudoku on my cell phone. 

I'm sorry your children are not feeling well.  My little one asks for soup for he doesn't feel well and my teen would rather not eat when he is sick.  I don't like/want to eat when I am sick either.

The weather here is very warm and humid :(  It was 88 today. 

I've recently discovered Tower Solitaire and I play it a lot more than I feel comfortable confessing to ;)

It is a beautiful 63 sunny day here.

When I'm sick I like to have chicken noodle soup and curl up on the couch. My son takes advantage of when he is sick and plays lots of video games. Hubby sleeps a lot. He is sick now so lots of laying around.

I really don't play to many computer games. Have bookworm and majong. Just got an new ipad so I've been surfing to see what games are available. We tried angry birds but too annoying. Used to love nancy drew mystery games. Haven't tried one lately.

It was supposed to be a sunny day, with weather coming in overnight and rain tomorrow, but I guess it all came in early, because today's been 50's and misty. Kinda yucky.

My kids like gingerale when they are sick. Me, too. 

I don't play computer games--ok, maybe a bit of angry birds, but really, the only one I ever got into was Oregon Trail! THAT was a while ago! lol

We are enjoyed a fabulous sunset here in Northern CA, and although it is cold tomorrow will be colder, because it is supposed to snow!

My kids want soup when they are sick.

Since I have finally seen ds kick the minecraft habit I don't think they are playing many computer games anymore!

Saturday was beautiful here, but the temperature has dropped since then.  It was -4F this morning when I got up and is only a little warmer now.

7up and crackers are the go-to items when my kids are sick.  Graham crackers too.  My kids hardly ever get sick - it's been a couple of years since either of these two at home even had a cold.  Wish I could say the same for me!

6 years ago, my kids got me hooked on Runescape.  That's pretty much all I play except for an occasional round of Spider Solitaire.