Menu

Invisible bike helmet

Miss Peregrine

Did a Google search and found this Invisible bicycle helmet

From the article:

1. It isn't invisible
  2. It costs $600
  3. You can only use it once
  4. Apparently they have already had to recall the helmet, because in at least one case the zipper came undone in a crash, rendering it useless
  5. JUST WEAR A NORMAL BICYCLE HELMET, PEOPLE!

From what I understand, if it goes off, it has to be replaced, like any helmet after an accident. But, normal helmets replacements don't cost $600.

And the battery has to be kept charged.

From the article:

1. It isn't invisible
  2. It costs $600
  3. You can only use it once
  4. Apparently they have already had to recall the helmet, because in at least one case the zipper came undone in a crash, rendering it useless
  5. JUST WEAR A NORMAL BICYCLE HELMET, PEOPLE!

From what I understand, if it goes off, it has to be replaced, like any helmet after an accident. But, normal helmets replacements don't cost $600.

All new technology is outrageously expensive and useless to most people.  But new tech research leads to even better technology.   I'm not rushing out to buy these for my kids, but  who knows what will be available 10, 20, years in the future.  :001_smile:   It's a very cool idea, if unworkable for 99% of people now.

From the article:

• It isn't invisible
  • It costs $600
  • You can only use it once
  • Apparently they have already had to recall the helmet, because in at least one case the zipper came undone in a crash, rendering it useless
  • JUST WEAR A NORMAL BICYCLE HELMET, PEOPLE!

Also, if you were wearing it in the summer with normal summer clothes, it would be VERY noticeable. All the advertisements show people dressed for cool weather. Cool weather here (Michigan) signals the approach of snow and the end of bicycle season (Maybe not if you're in a very urban area).

Also, if you were wearing it in the summer with normal summer clothes, it would be VERY noticeable. All the advertisements show people dressed for cool weather. Cool weather here (Michigan) signals the approach of snow and the end of bicycle season (Maybe not if you're in a very urban area).

Well, it was designed and manufactured in Sweden!  

Well, it was designed and manufactured in Sweden!

I'm aware of that. It's just a strike against it for anyone who might ever get on a bicycle in a tank top. It looks like it would chafe.

I still haven't found any info on it's weight.

ETA: Okay, it looks like it weighs about 1.5 lbs.