Menu

Exercise Thread ~ 11/3 - 11/9

Negin

Yesterday was rest day. This morning, still being very sore, I started Bob Harper cardio which is an hour long. I only got in 20 minutes and stopped. My body was really not having it. Screaming muscles and zero energy. I was shaky. So, I popped in  Denise Austen for some much needed stretching, and made a nice protein banana smoothie. Feeling much better. 

Here are some tidbits from JM's book I jotted down. This is a list of "free food" she talked about. You can eat as much as you want of these foods (so long as you don't cover them in sauces, dressings, dips, etc.) and not gain weight.

celery

leafy greens

brocolli

bell peppers

cucumber

cabbage

brussel sprouts

cauliflower

green beans

jimaca

kale

lettuce

mushrooms

snap peas

zucchini

10-Minute Solution: 5-Day Get Fit Mix

My body is off from the time change, and I'm hungry all of the time. 

Kim, I'm hungry all the time also, but the time never changes here :huh:. 

Here are some tidbits from JM's book I jotted down. This is a list of "free food" she talked about. You can eat as much as you want of these foods (so long as you don't cover them in sauces, dressings, dips, etc.) and not gain weight.

celery

leafy greens

brocolli

bell peppers

cucumber

cabbage

brussel sprouts

cauliflower

green beans

jimaca

kale

lettuce

mushrooms

snap peas

zucchini

Very helpful list. Thank you for this wonderful reminder. 

Monday: am boot camp plus 3 mile walk/run. Then stretched out at home 2x for 12-15 minutes each. I want more flexibility.

Today, Tuesday: am boot camp plus 3 mile walk/run. Plan for the day is soccer and yoga with the kids and then a stretch out tonight. I will report back if that changes. I got a bin for the trunk of the car for our cleats and sports gear. I am calling it recess in a box.

JM Banish Fat Boost Metabolism this morning. Great workout.

I will be on vacation for the next month. I will probably not be posting  much of at all.

I'm going to try and keep up with exercise while I'm gone. We're staying with friends and family.

Any tips on exercise when you don't have access to your DVDs, weights, yoga mat, and other equipment?

I'll be in Europe so I'm not sure what youtube videos will be accessible. Also, I won't have internet access for the first two weeks.

I purchased a fitness magazine with some workout routines in it.

I'm also trying to figure out how to deal with my workout clothes as I don't want to really ask to do a lot of laundry and I don't want to pack a lot of clothes.

Good and bad news. The bad is that my car battery chose this morning to die on me when I was cutting it close to getting to AM boot camp. And that is so my own fault because I've been meaning to buy a new battery for a month now. The good news is that instead of crawling back into bed or focusing only on the car, I did an hour plus of my own boot camp style work out here. I just picked 2-3 exercises at a time and did 2-4 sets separated by short bursts of running and walking like we do at boot camp and stopped when the sun was fully up. Woot. Then I got the car running. I am a-w-e-s-o-m-e. and so, so modest to boot.

Later today: recess in a box with the kids and then either a bike ride or swimming with the kids. Yoga stretching at night.

Mom-ninja- I'd do a lot of planks, squats, push-ups and crunches of various sorts.

Also, could you drop into a gym on vacation? Either for free or a low fee?

Since videos really work well for you, could you download some onto a tablet or laptop and take that with you? Then you just need a plug adaptor for your device and no Internet.

Do you have any favorites that you recommend? There is just so much to choose from!

I'm using videos on the HASfit channel. I am a beginner and was searching for 15 minute workouts when I found it. I do the 5 minute dynamic workout before any of the beginning workouts, and then do some of the cool down stretching as well.

I like that they have a variety of workouts as well as various lengths of time.  I like that it's men instead of women whom I will never look like or who are scantily clad (in case ds were to walk in). 

I'm using videos on the HASfit channel. I am a beginner and was searching for 15 minute workouts when I found it. I do the 5 minute dynamic workout before any of the beginning workouts, and then do some of the cool down stretching as well.

I like that they have a variety of workouts as well as various lengths of time. I like that it's men instead of women whom I will never look like or who are scantily clad (in case ds were to walk in).

Thanks! I'm going to check it out tomorrow.

Also, could you drop into a gym on vacation? Either for free or a low fee?

Since videos really work well for you, could you download some onto a tablet or laptop and take that with you? Then you just need a plug adaptor for your device and no Internet.

I don't know about a gym during the first 2 weeks. The last part of vacation I'll be able to go to a gym a few times. I'm not really a gym person though. Don't know what to do in one.

I won't have a tablet or laptop. I won't even have a cell phone. I'll be kicking it old school.

I'll be really really good at burpees and push ups by the time I get back. :tongue_smilie:

I will be on vacation for the next month. I will probably not be posting  much of at all.

I'm going to try and keep up with exercise while I'm gone. We're staying with friends and family.

Any tips on exercise when you don't have access to your DVDs, weights, yoga mat, and other equipment?

Have a fabulous time! Will miss you and look forward to your posts whenever you can and/or when you return. 

Europe is great for walking. I would just suggest walking as much as you can. Pretty much every time that I've gone on vacation with a workout plan in mind, I found it hard to do. Walking was always the most do-able in my experience. 

Injured right knee.  Haven't worked out in a day short of 2 weeks.  I can hear my muscles atrophying. I have a whole sheet of knee and core floor work to do- hoping I can do it.  I'm so all or nothing and the sheet  seems so tame I'm having trouble getting motivated.

Did classes this week at the gym. Cycle clas Monday, Tuesday, wednesday. Monday: sculpt, Tuesday power-lifting, Wednesday: barefoot class.

Today depends on the weather.....if it stops raining, I will run. If it keeps raining, I will do some HIIT intervals indoors.

Oh, I also bought a new fitness toy.....a Wahoo heart rate monitor that transmits to my phone. I love it. It also transfers data to map my fitness, and works with my map my run app. Best part, I got it on a great sale! I love gadgets!

What is your favorite?

AM boot camp in the rain. So all planks and push-ups and hand weights and lunges and running because no mats when it is soaking out. Killing me. Anyways, I made it through the hour without quitting though honestly the thought was crossing my mind less than 30 minutes in. I was so not doing three, wet, miles after that. I got into my car, blasted the heat and got a hot coffee on the way home. My shoes are still drying out, though my feet stayed dry. Yay goretex. Note to self: remember to wear short pants the next time it is raining. My long open bottom ones were an invitation to soak. I knew this but I had to to for the clean, non-stinky pair.

After that I took the boys to the Y and my 10 year old and I stretched out and I helped him get aclimated to some light hand weights. He then used the bike while I snagged a stair machine where I could see him but he could feel like I wasn't bothering him. I got 20 extra high intensity cardio minutes that way. When we got home, I gave him and my husband a fitness test. My husband did it to encourage my son to take it seriously. It was easier for him to see why he needs to get more active from taking the test. He enjoyed it and because he's such a yoga geek, he got to feel great excelling at all the flexibility ones and he was motivated to try and improve his strength. I am optimistic this will be great for him. Until now, we have been pretty loose with his PE and fitness. If he were athletic and played sports, it wouldn't be an issue but he's mostly a reader. Not a bit of reading, like will read all day long if allowed. He does do some yoga at home and he likes to ride his bike but he needs to get more active overall. I am glad he liked working out with me. Or rather, near me. I knew the statistics on the equipment would lure him in.

What is your favorite?

For just having, when I am at the gym, headphones are my favorite. Outside though I feel I need my hearing on and I keep a better pace without music or news in my ears.

For stuff that actually helps me work out, I am a sucker for my yoga band and any activity I can use a playground or basketball with.