Menu

We are staying in the military

My middle is so hyper. I am so scared and unsure of this. I not only don't have big hair, I have thinning hair due to medications. I am sooo not ready for this. Guess while I am still thinking about how to start this school year, I have to be preparing for a move. It looks like he will be promoted maybe even in 2008 since he has an early number.

I didn't want to pass up your post without saying anything; yet I don't know what to say... except thank you to your family, as the op said. I do feel grateful. But that probably means little to nothing to you as you go through what you're going through? I added you to a little prayer list I have going for your family, especially the hyper-ness of your middle dc.

Cheryl

We are staying in the military.

We've flip-flopped on this issue SO many times over the course of hubby's career. It's stressful.

Well, the good news is, after 10 you're kind of stuck with your decision.

My husband plans to retire in 11 months. You wanna talk about losing hair???! Trust me, I went through the first 10 years of should we or shouldn't we. . .I'd rather do them again than this whole "retirement" business!

Best of luck to you!

I'm understand the stress & uncertainty. I'm sorry you are going through so much all at once.

We are also looking toward retirement in about 2-4 years. We are trying to "plan" for it. But how do you do that?! The A.F. is the only life I have EVER known. I am an A.F. Brat married to an A.F. Guy. I don't know how to not "be" in the A.F.!

:grouphug:Big hug and thank you and your family.

My middle is so hyper. I am so scared and unsure of this. I not only don't have big hair, I have thinning hair due to medications. I am sooo not ready for this. Guess while I am still thinking about how to start this school year, I have to be preparing for a move. It looks like he will be promoted maybe even in 2008 since he has an early number.

Congrats and Thank YOU for all the sacrifices you all make. Your post title is accurate "WE are staying in the military". It really is a family affair b/c many of the sacrifices are made at the home front.

God Bless for all you do!

ETA: Notice the background of avatar: it's the USAFA. DS (11) and one of DDs (8) are considering the Academy :)

I know how you feel. The security of DH's promotion as well as a guaranteed job in this economy has now lost a good deal of appeal, after being notified yesterday, of yet another deployment in Jan :glare:

His enlistment is up this month. It is strange knowing that he does not *have to go...but he will :001_unsure:

I'm understand the stress & uncertainty. I'm sorry you are going through so much all at once.

We are also looking toward retirement in about 2-4 years. We are trying to "plan" for it. But how do you do that?! The A.F. is the only life I have EVER known. I am an A.F. Brat married to an A.F. Guy. I don't know how to not "be" in the A.F.!

I am also an AF Brat who married AF. As much as I can not wait for deployments and crazy schedules to be done...I do not know anything else. The AF has been *very good to us.