Menu

Anyone else with insomnia right now?

MamaBearTeacher

I have a sick child.  he dozes, then is sick.  at least he makes it to the bathroom.  but he must snuggle with me as he becomes very distressed when ill.  I've only just gotten him to sleep.  last night, I couldn't sleep and I remember looking at the clock at 2am.

Ugh . . . I know.

I should just be able to hang a sign and get to make up for lost sleep all day . . . Instead of cleaning house, shoe shopping with my kiddo, grocery shopping, helping my daughter with her school, and getting to dancing tonight.

I want to be asleep!

Instead of staring into a bright white rectangle.

Im going to go listen to the first 50 digits of pi over and over and over and over and over and

Maybe that will help

I finally slept for an hour or two. Not enough but better than nothing because I have to drive today.

oh dear.  I'm glad you got some.  Hoping for safe travels.   I had really bad insomnia earlier this week - of course when I also had a long drive to do AND an all day class to take at the end of the drive.  Ugh.  The drive back home was a little tough towards the end, but I made it through and hopefully you will too.  :grouphug:

I suffer from horrible insomnia if I am not lifting weights or doing resistance exercises. Aerobic exercise doesn't help at all. I have an elliptical and use it almost daily, but if I don't get to the gym and lift weights, I cannot sleep. And it doesn't have to be long. Twice a week for 20- 30 minutes is enough to take me from misery to sleeping soundly through the night. I believe it has something to do with a hormone that is released with weight bearing exercise. Hope that helps someone.