Menu

The craziest thing I saw a car driver doing ...

ErinE

Like I've said before, he sounds like an amazing man. I hope the joy he brought to your life has alleviated some of the pain from missing him.

Thanks. Most of the time thinking about him puts a big smile on my face. Other times I start crying out of nowhere. Grief is a funny thing that way.

I do wonder sometimes if fighter-pilots wouldn't be better off sticking to the air and leaving terrestrial navigation to the rest of us :D

Maybe it was just him.

Bill

I do wonder sometimes if fighter-pilots wouldn't be better off sticking to the air and leaving terrestrial navigation to the rest of us :D

Maybe it was just him.

Bill

From the fighter pilots I know, I think they all walk along the edge. But from your description, your father seems like he was in a class all his own.

• 2 weeks later...

We were pulling our little pop-up camper this summer in PA -- in left lane to pass a truck.  A car passes us on the LEFT, that is, one wheel on the grass median and one on the gravel.   AND he kicked up so much debris we got a nice crack in our windshield.  I thought we were going to be in a pursuit vid on YouTube, but he was all by his crazy self, with no one pursuing.

I was driving a big SUV full of teen boys back to church early on a Sunday morning after we had been their "host home" all weekend for a student retreat.  It was about a ten mile drive to church on the highway, and all of a sudden they started screaming, laughing and pointing, all the while yelling at me to pull up next to a car.  They were all watching a guy shave with a shaver (battery powered) while he drove on the highway. 

He noticed them and laughingly continued his shaving. Next thing you knew, he put down the shaver and pulled out his toothpaste tube and toothbrush.   Suddenly the guys wanted me to floor it--apparently they weren't interested in watching him brush his teeth!  :smilielol5:   However, what they didn't know was that no matter how much gas I gave Old Betsy, getting an SUV full of big guys to speed up going up a LONG hill just wasn't going to happen.  The other driver got the last laugh!

I am guilty of both pumping and tooth brushing while driving. At least I keep one hand on the wheel.

Forget the toothpaste -- how did you ever get a hand free for the wheel?