Menu

What's for dinner? Anyone have a new food, new recipe?

ScoutTN

Domino's Pizza.  I've been drained and coughing for a week now (after beating down a sinus infection), and am tired of all of the easy-fix meal options I have in the house.  Since our plans fell through for this evening (eldest DD is stuffing up and I'm too drained) we are ordering pizza.  Should be here any time now.

Go to savingdinner.com and look for her garlic lime chicken recipe.  It's one she gives out free from time to time, so you should be able to find it.  I've bought a number of her E-cookbooks over the years and they contain good recipes.  But this free recipe is still tops when it comes to my family.  They LOVE it!

I made gluten free egg noodles in chicken stock with rotisserie chicken on the side for those who wanted chicken.  First time I've made the noodles from scratch and they turned out really well.  My DH went back for 3rds!  Which is pretty unheard of here.  My DD ate her helping, but didn't want more, and 4 year old DS was convinced to eat them with a little bribery...really, a successful meal here :)

My new "thing" is cooking Thai. I just got a recipe book and am spending time at a local Asian market. 

Also, in an attempt to get my food-phobic kids to "try new things," we are trying a new meal a week. The meal aligns with the country or region we are studying in SOTW. Last week we tried an Irish pub (they didn't really eat "authentic" Irish food, but it was a start). This week we're doing British. It isn't a strict thing -- just something to break out of our usual rotation. 

We had this pork tenderloin recipe from Ellie Krieger: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ellie-krieger/pork-tenderloin-with-seasoned-rub-recipe/index.html

It's really good and easy, and unlike some pork tenderloin recipes, it doesn't take forever in the oven. I didn't make it all summer, so it was yummy and felt "new" tonight.