Menu

Anyone else feel like they are slogging through mud today?

shanvan

I have just had one tedious little task after another getting in the way of supervising schoolwork today.  first it was dealing with Unemployment, then not being able to find the login info for a dog owner whose dog Dd is going to show (and the owner has me taking care of the paperwork--oh, joy!).  Then dealing with the state health insurance for kids and every time Dh calls they tell him the kids have to wait several months before they are covered and then I have to tell Dh that isn't true b/c he was laid off and therefore they are exempt from the waiting period.  And then I have to bring it all up on the laptop to show him and he has to call back and they are less than helpful.  Finally got to the laundry sorting after that.  Then packaged curriculum to be shipped.  I hope I am done with all the digging up of bits of information and can get on with lessons w/ Dd and finally have time to check in w/ Ds to see what he has done.  

Anyone else having one of those days?  I really do feel like I am pulling my feet out of knee deep mud to make any progress today.  And it is dark and rainy which also helps.  :glare: 

Wow, must be something in the water, sunspots, wrong phase of the moon... Same thing here. Everything we do seems to be taking twice as long as normal.

At least dh sympathizes. Just took the little student to get some take out for lunch because we are behind. We *never* get take out for lunch....

FWIW, though I feel slow today, my kiddo is feeling it, too. Extends my sit-n-wait time between instructions/interactions, but I'm not really free to move on to something else of my own.

Yep, definitely seeing it in the Dc too.  Dd had to be monitored and told repeatedly to move along to her science earlier.  First she decided she was going to show her work to her dog.  "Look what Miles thinks of this.." as she holds up notepaper w/ slobber on it.  Next the hugging and general adoring of her dog, followed by "Oh, wow!  Look at that pen.  I think I'd blah, blah, blah...(more nonsense about a pen).  Told her it's just a pen move along for crying out loud I am not in the mood.

Just finished going over assignments w/ Ds who is announcing to me that he will NOT allow school to interfere with his life.   Hmmm...maybe I should decide the same?  Guess who is cleaning my kitchen floor tonight on top of finishing up his school work.   Oh, yeah.  It was a great day.

Today was our first day back to school. So yes. I had to drag the kids along on every little thing - and we only did basics as a warm-up!! Not fun, be we DID accomplish what I had set up for today, so I'll call it a productive day. Now, to get to the housework. Ugh.the kitchen counters have bred a mess throughout the day - I need to find them under the junk to make supper!!

So jealous. I want to go see a King Cobra exhibit.

It was a bit of a disappointment. The exhibit itself was neat, but the snake just looked like a snake, curled up in the corner doing its snake thing. I don't know what we were expecting - maybe a snake charmer with a basket. Of course the zoo-keepers were rather excited about it. But, we did have a nice afternoon at the zoo overall.

Ds  12 complained of sore throat, stuffy nose all morning so I gave him some cold meds at lunch. Not sure what I was thinking because about a half hour after lunch his twin came to tell me that ds was asleep in his bed! We still had Latin to do and I did not want to put that off until tomorrow. So I took the time to clean the boys bathroom, woke him up and we watched our Latin dvd where I proceeded to nod off once or twice without the benefit of cold meds! But, we got it done;)