Menu

Miss America 2014 is Nina Davuluri!

Whereneverever

Just read an article - sadly apparently people are upset that an "Arab" and a "foreigner" was crowed Miss. America.  The fact that she was BORN in the US and the fact that her family are from INDIA is apparently too diffcult for certain sections of the US to understand.

Sometimes reading the news from the US just makes me so sad.

My mom called me in India to tell me that my daughter now couldn't be the first Indian-American Miss. American.  I think we will survive the disappointment. :laugh:

Good for her - she is a lovely girl.

My mom is probably thinking the same thing about my dd, lol!

So, so sad to see the ignorance of others online.  Really, the internet is an amazing invention, but the downside is so very steep.

Just read an article - sadly apparently people are upset that an "Arab" and a "foreigner" was crowed Miss. America.  The fact that she was BORN in the US and the fact that her family are from INDIA is apparently too diffcult for certain sections of the US to understand.

Agree--that's pretty sad.

I watched last night and thought she was breathtakingly beautiful.

As for ignorant people: where do they think they came from?! Unless they are of native origins their family heritage is one of immigration as well. It irks me to no end! I just try to roll my eyes and move on. One day, they may just stick.

Just watched her dance for the talent portion. So beautiful and amazing!

I'm going to look for that after I post on here... can't wait to see it.

My ex was East Indian, so my oldest two are half Indian... I was so upset to see people's negative responses.  :(

Goodness sakes.  How much more American does she need to be, exactly?

I'm excited for an Asian Indian to win. She is beautiful and seems to be really intelligent from the brief bio I read of hers. Although I'm a teensy bit disappointed Miss California didn't win  ;) 

And people are just stupid if they think a "foreigner" was crowned Miss America. Sheesh. Do people not ever think?