Menu

My happy moment of the week came this morning

when my RR order arrived! :party:

They had a couple of items back-ordered so I had to wait 2 weeks since I placed the order. I can't believe how fast it got here, especially considering my last minute middle-of-summer order. :blush:

I totally splurged this year and ordered $800 worth of goodies!! (yes, yes, I know I only have one in school. yes, yes, I know it's only grade 2) But hey, it's been a rough week for me and now it's like Christmas around here- but better!! (till the c/c bill comes:glare:) J/K- it was all budgeted for, I swear.:D

And look!- It's almost time to crack open a Mike's!!

They had a couple of items back-ordered so I had to wait 2 weeks since I placed the order. I can't believe how fast it got here, especially considering my last minute middle-of-summer order. :blush:

I totally splurged this year and ordered $800 worth of goodies!! (yes, yes, I know I only have one in school. yes, yes, I know it's only grade 2) But hey, it's been a rough week for me and now it's like Christmas around here- but better!! (till the c/c bill comes:glare:) J/K- it was all budgeted for, I swear.:D

Yeah Jane! Have fun with that box of goodies!

Jane, how exciting!! It's enough to make a groovy lady dance, oh, you already have that. :D Have fun, tell us what you got, since we can't be at your door.

I am very excited! I budgeted for MONTHS to do this and planned my order a billion times before hitting the submit button. Here's a bit of what I got:

StartWrite

IEW

TtC

Exploring Creation w/Astronomy + CD ROMS for lapbooks

Exploring Creation w/Zoology I + CD ROMS for lapbooks

All my Singapore Math goodies

SOTW + AG

Math balance scale & other fun manipulatives

Pathway Readers (most of the set)

Geography Songs

a whole stinkin' bunch of Dover coloring books

A few reference books for myself like: Teaching the Wholehearted Child

Ohh... the list goes on. There's just SO MUCH STUFF in this BIG box!

Hey, nothing wrong with that! I'm sure you can use them again, and again... and again! LOL And they will each enjoy each thing!

Congrats on your purchases--and on finding something to feel better about--nothing wrong with some retail therapy, when you can get it!

I do faux retail therapy sometimes--walk around and pretend to buy, in my mind--or go online and fill a cart, then close my window--even that helps!!! And I don't have to run out of the store feeling guilty that I left a full cart, like when we were kids (did anyone else ever do that?)! ;)

What a blast to open and sort through such bounty!! That must have been fun. I'm glad for you that you found a bright spot to light up your day. Those little joys really can help carry us along when times are tough (hence my "It Lives" post last night. I just needed to create some humor, you know? :001_smile:)

Hugs,

:party:Happy dance here for you. I just love a new box of books.