Menu

Short sale

Freckles

Please tell me that having to short sale my empty home is not the end of the world. My pride and excellent credit are bruised. I've been trying to sell our home in Texas for four years. Our renters moved out after destroying it. I've lowered the price almost 10000 below what we owe and have been looking for renters. It's a cute 3/2 with hardwood floors on half an acre. We are asking under $75000. It's in a cute but economically depressed town. I want to cry.

I'm so sorry. We had to pay people to buy our house. It sucked.

Businesses dump property all the time. Individuals are inexplicably held to a much higher standard. It will be okay. You tried. You weren't reckless or fraudulent. The situation just sucks. :(

It's been a tough time for so many people.  Dh and I almost lost our home and probably would have been better off credit wise if we had.  He was out of work for 2 1/2 years.  This is not a reflection on you but on the economic situation.  When it is over and done with you will move on and feel better.  You're not alone.  :grouphug:

If you did the best you could then you have done the best...we have had our house in another state up on the market for 2 months now about 20,000 over market rate...no one wants to buy it because we are not going to sink 10000 or more into it to fix it...which is what it would take.  Next month we are going to have to put it on as a short sale...and if it doesn't sell by dec I don't know what we will do because we don't have the money to float this house after Dec and still pay the mortgage on our house in New England. :(  Short sales were created just for this sort of situation.