Menu

Help with exit for wedding....

PentecostalMom

Ds and FDIL are getting married next Friday evening.  They will depart the reception at night and the facility that is being used states no combustible materials.  Any ideas for alternatives?  The wedding is vintage so something along those lines would be nice, but not necessary.  Cheap would be good!

I am sorry, I don't understand.  Cheap, exit that is not combustible?  What do you mean by 'exit'?

ETA: oh, do you mean like how people sometimes throw rice?  

How about real rose petals.  

Do you mean something to light the path to their car? If so you could paint mason jars with glow in the dark paint and let them sit out in the sun for a few days to get really charged. You could put flowers in them if they are going to be seen in the evening and give as gifts when it is over.

Yes, but it will be dark.

No light? How will they see the path to leave on?  I know sometimes when people do candlelight vigils they use battery powered tea lights instead.  Can you use lanterns with battery candles instead of flame? 

Am I the only person who went like this :eek: when I read that the OP somehow considered the "no combustibles rule" to be a problem? :D

I think I now understand what she meant, but at first I was wondering if it was common practice to have explosions at wedding receptions. And I was also wondering how I might weasel an invitation to such an occasion, as it sounded sorta cool. ;)

I think exits are a southern thing. DH's best friend is a photographer in the Midwest and he hardly ever has to stay for the exit, whereas we have to shoot them nearly every week. Here brides leave the reception in between two lines of all the guests waving...something, usually sparklers.