Menu

One food allergy outgrown! whoohoo

Tess in the Burbs

My ds has had so many different food allergies since a baby I honestly had no expectations with his food challenge yesterday.  If I had thought about the steps to get to the challenge I probably would have had more hope.  But the main point is....HE PASSED!  He can eat sunflower again.  Yay!  Since it's cheap and every food manufacturer seems to use it now, it opens up a world of options.  Like buying bread at the store.  I don't have to freak out about bread.  Or chips.  It's so hard to go to a cookout and see 20 kids of chips but he couldn't eat any!

We have a hazel nut challenge in Jan. And will do blood test for all his nut/tree/coconut/sesame stuff. If any are low enough then another skin test. 

The Dr actually used the word HOPE yesterday in referencing his peanut allergy.  Said his numbers are getting lower.  HOPE :-D  Best word of the day. 

I remember what a great day it was when my son outgrew his dairy allergy!  It made the tree nut allergy seem more bearable.  Thankfully, he can eat peanuts, just not tree nuts, which are somewhat easier to deal with.

Anyhow, celebrating with you!