Menu

Must have back to school sale supplies???

MomtoCandJ

What are your must haves? We have dd's list for school but we are also after schooling and I'm sure there will be homework. She will be in K, I'm thinking the Wee Folk Art and history and science for after school. :) If use specific brands please add where you get those.

I purchased the RR art kit to accompany Artistic Pursuits Book 1.. So as for *needed* art supplies- check! However, my dd loves to use paper. Construction paper, computer paper, anything. She writes lists, letters, cards, etc.. all day long. So for us I will be buying stock in paper, crayons, glue sticks, glue etc. Oh, and tape. I have quite the little crafter.

I really need a supply of good mechanical pencils.  I think I have pretty much abandoned the use of regular pencils for the older 3 kids as they spend as much time getting up to sharpen them as they do using them.  This is sad considering how many regular pencils I have around here (still using the ridiculous amount they had me buy for K in PS back when DD started school).

I really need a supply of good mechanical pencils.  I think I have pretty much abandoned the use of regular pencils for the older 3 kids as they spend as much time getting up to sharpen them as they do using them.  This is sad considering how many regular pencils I have around here (still using the ridiculous amount they had me buy for K in PS back when DD started school).

Office Max has a 2 pk for $1 (with coupon) on the Papermate Clearpoint. We've never used those, but apparently it is a good price.

I really need a supply of good mechanical pencils. I think I have pretty much abandoned the use of regular pencils for the older 3 kids as they spend as much time getting up to sharpen them as they do using them.

Stock up on the leads for the mechanical pencils too. My kids broke those too so replacing lead was faster but still exasperating and more costly.

Printer and looseleaf paper, spiral notebooks (I like having these for my own lists and so forth too), 4-pk Expo dry erase markers were $1 at office max today with coupon, sharpie 12 pk of fine point black markers was also $1 with coupon. Mechanical pencils. I won't buy the Ticonderogas with Microban so I usually shell out for Mirado BLack Warriors or other decent pencils without Microban. Index cards, glue sticks, Better Binders from Staples, some folders to use for covers for Proclick books (someone posted about this recently and I want to try it. I never can figure out what to use as a cover for my Proclicked stuff). I usually pick up a few packs of super cheap Crayolas to keep in the car, my purse, various activity bags, etc. for the 3 yo.

I skip the super cheapo brands. For example, today there were 1 cent folders at Officemax but they were so flimsy I had zero interest. I can't imagine they'd last 2 weeks with a kid in PS who is using them in a locker and backpack daily.

A lot of the stuff I stash I use personally. It isn't even for my kids necessarily.

Office Max has a 2 pk for $1 (with coupon) on the Papermate Clearpoint. We've never used those, but apparently it is a good price.

Stock up on the leads for the mechanical pencils too. My kids broke those too so replacing lead was faster but still exasperating and more costly.

Unfortunately we do not have an Office Max nearby.  I hope someone else has them on a good deal, as that is the brand my kids currently use.  Surprisingly enough, my kids didn't go through nearly as much lead as I thought they would.  They each got one of those Papermate pencils with a single replacement pack of lead, and they managed to make it last all school year.  That said, one of them lost the eraser top halfway through the school year and had to cap his with a pencil top eraser, but it still worked.

In past years I have overbought at back-to-school sales. Now I try not to get too sucked in by cheap stuff.  On my list this year: scotch tape, mead single subject notebooks (for more important work--writing, math), a few cheap notebooks for things that don't matter much, and several reams of copy paper.

Typical for me:

New glue and glue sticks

Spiral notebooks and left-handed notebooks for ds

Good pencils both regular and mechanical

New markers and wipe-off markers

Tape

Printer paper

Laminating pockets

Click erasers

Crayons while they are cheap (we wind up taking these to scouts, co-op, etc, so I buy lots when they are on sale)

I think I have enough construction paper and colored pencils to last several more years at this point. ;)

Am I the only one with kids who love to point out each and every time I say "lead" meaning pencil lead, that the accurate word is "graphite"? Darn chemistry text.

I need scotch tape because it seems that we are always running out. I never knew scotch tape was such a necessity. Also packing tape.

Dry erase markers and eraser

Mechanical pencil "graphite" refills

Scissors. Why can I never find a pair of scissors when I need them and I know I own at least 8?

Tab dividers

A few binders

Printer paper

Drawing/art paper

No, my son does that too. 

My list includes:

spiral notebooks

pocket folders

copy paper

8 1/2" x 11" filler paper (Office Depot has this)

and 8gb SD card

mechanical pencils for ds

Sharpie pens for me

a couple more binders that fold back

a large magnetic white board

Am I the only one with kids who love to point out each and every time I say "lead" meaning pencil lead, that the accurate word is "graphite"? Darn chemistry text.