Menu

What math programs were designed for homeschooling?

alisoncooks

I know many popular programs were designed to be used in a private/Christian school setting (BJU, Abeka, CLE, R&S...) And some are for regular classroom use (Singapore, Math in Focus).

I was just curious: what programs were actually designed to be used in a homeschool setting? One-on-one, parent and child?

Math Mammoth

Singapore's Home Instructor's Guide was made for homeschooling, no?

AoPS was designed for independent use but not for homeschooling specifically. I don't know whether it was really designed for school use either (though there are a very few schools that use it); many of its users may be afterschoolers.

LoF may be another one.

Singapore's Home Instructor's Guide was made for homeschooling, no?

I assumed that Singapore (as well as Saxon) were designed/intended for school use, but publishers have made guides (such as the HIG) that adapt the program for family use.... but IDK.

*Not that it matters terribly* but I was just curious what out there has been developed with hs'ers in mind.

Saxon math. I'm not sure if it was designed just for homeschoolers, but it obviously has the homeschool editions. Not a curricula per se, but maybe LivingMath.net. She offers math lessons as pdf, and I believe that was for homeschoolers by a homeschooler.

Saxon was written for classroom use. That there are homeschool editions only means that the publisher saw a good market. :-)