Menu

Anyone else find it mildly annoying..

shanvan

Yes. That is what annoys me about King Soopers/Kroger. You don't just get the lower price by going into their store. You have to remember the stupid card.

At King Soopers you can just type your phone number right onto the credit card screen. I never bring a card. Same with all Kroger stores I've been to.

Yes, I find it quite annoying, especially when I'm travelling out of town and don't have a card. Some places will give me the discount, but I've been in others where I don't get a discount unless I have the card. I don't need cards for grocery stores in locations I likely won't visit again!

At King Soopers you can just type your phone number right onto the credit card screen. I never bring a card. Same with all Kroger stores I've been to.

I didn't know that. I'll have to see what phone number I have my card connected to since I've changed numbers several times since getting the card.

to have to look around for coupons or a card every time you head out to a store or restaurant?

I punch all my cards (discount cards, pool and museum access cards, library cards) in one corner, then thread them onto a key ring. The whole bunch stays in my bag. Only bank cards, the grocery store card and medical cards stay in my wallet. I've been doing it for over a year now, and it really works well!

I stopped shopping at one local grocery store because they went to a card that you had to have to get the lowest prices. It was a pain if I wanted to send dh for something--he wouldn't remember the card or to punch in the number. I also hated the idea that they were tracking all of my purchases.

Well, it happened. I forgot a coupon for 15% off total purchase at a local department store and no matter what I said they would not give me a discount. Had to put the stuff on hold and I'll have to go back with the coupon in hand tomorrow or next day. I found it as soon as I got home--on the bed where I put it while I changed shoes. :glare:

I also hated the idea that they were tracking all of my purchases.

I hated that, too, until twice I received automated phone calls from Giant Eagle informing me that products I had purchased had been recalled. The products happened to be produce, so I was happy both to receive the calls and that we hadn't eaten the products yet!