Menu

You know you are getting old, when...

bnbacademy

your child is having a problem with the DVD and you tell them "turn the VCR on and off" and they look at your puzzled and ask "What's a VCR?" :huh:

When you call everything a video.....DVD=video.....streaming Netflix=video....watching something on Youtube=video.

You know you're getting old when the music you listened to as a kid ends up on the "oldies" station. :huh: Come on, the 80's weren't THAT long ago!

I was thinking about that the other day. In the eighties, fifties music was oldies. That is a 30 year difference. 2010-1980=30

So yes, I think they are justified in playing eighties music as oldies. Not that I like it, mind you.

When you've recently had a surgery that squarely puts you in the "geriatric behavior" category, and your young adults, the ones who you introduced to the "coffeehouse-with-real-musicians on a Friday night" scene decide to take *their recently graduated church friends* as a Senior Night event when a favorite artist makes her first appearance in several months. And you are left at home continuing the geriatric behavior. Sad, sad, sad....

When I read aloud to my boys, they would sometimes holler, "pause" so they could run to the bathroom. To me. Their mother.

Mykids do this! The first time I heard one of them do it blew me away! They also say it to each other while they are playing to add an aside or new element to their game. (We need a head shaking smile)

When you call everything a video.....DVD=video.....streaming Netflix=video....watching something on Youtube=video.

Or you ask if an event will be "taped" or if you can get a "tape" of something. This is especially great when the videographer is too young to have ever seen actual tape.

When your new dentist is a lot younger then you. My whole life my dentist has always been a much old man. My new dentist is 29 but looks like a baby.

How about when your Dr. or dentist is actually older than you and this is stressful because you just know they will retire any minute and you'll have to find a new one.