Menu

I need music

Parrothead

I think i need some music to help with exercise motivation. Jimmy's stuff just doesn't cut it for workout tunes. I found ACDC on YouTube and played Back in Black. I liked it. Eventually I'll get tired of Brian Johnson's voice screeching.

So if I were to compile 90-120 minutes of pulse pounding rock what would you recommend? I'm not a fan of acid rock or death metal or anything über dark.

Kryptonite- 3 Doors Down

It’s My Life- Bon Jovi

Have a Nice Day- Bon Jovi

Bodies- Drowning Pool

Get the Funk Out- Extreme

VooDoo- Godsmack

Keep Away- Godsmack

Whatever- Godsmack

Unstoppable- Kat DeLuna

Somebody Told Me- The Killers

Coming Undone- Korn

Whiskey in the Jar- Metallica

Kickstart My Heart- Motley Crue

Bullet With a Name- Nonpoint

Youth Gone Wild- Skid Row

Renegade- Styx

Angry American (Courtesy of the Red, White, and Blue)- Toby Keith

Anything by The Ramones. ;-)

For exercise? Go punk. The Ramones would be a good choice. Also, Me First and the Gimme Gimmes are a punk band that only does covers, but they will cover anything. They have some awesome albums. My favorite is the Broadway album. Somewhere Over the Rainbow gone punk is actually pretty amazing.

You can use Pandora or a similar app to make a punk/rock station too.

For exercise? Go punk. The Ramones would be a good choice. Also, Me First and the Gimme Gimmes are a punk band that only does covers, but they will cover anything. They have some awesome albums. My favorite is the Broadway album. Somewhere Over the Rainbow gone punk is actually pretty amazing.

You can use Pandora or a similar app to make a punk/rock station too.

OMG! I'd never heard of Me First and the Gimme Gimmes, so of course I rushed over to Amazon to check them out. I have now purchased one full CD and six or eight MP3 songs. They are hysterical!!! I love it! Thanks!

Whoa, I never see anyone mention Me First and the Gimme Gimmes! Love them!

Okay, somewhat different genre but our current household obsession is Walk Off the Earth. They do a lot of covers, but have great original work too. We counted down the days till their album came out in March. Check out their videos on YouTube - Red Hands is awesome. Gang of Rythm, too. Okay, well, we love 'em all. Seriously, even the 2 year old is obsessed here. If the 2 yr old is crying, Summer Vibe always fixes it. :)