Menu

Birthday gift ideas for 90yo lady I've never met?

Faline

Maybe you could ask them for suggestions? If she doesn't have any food restrictions, maybe something fun, like a fruit bouquet? Definitely ask, tho--my mom is allergic to strawberries, and it would just about kill her (with disappointment first!) if she received choc dipped strawberries! But they make a great gift if you can eat them.

Or maybe an inspirational book, or a gift certificate to a fav restaurant.

Ok. I'm hungry. Guess it shows in this post...:-)

Is she a peppy, active 90yo, or is she bedridden or mobility-challenged? Does she go out a lot, or is she a homebody? Is her mind still sharp as a tack, or not so much?

There are so many variables here, that it's hard to make a recommendation. I would definitely ask her children what kind of person she is, and what she likes to do.

Gift certificate to a restaurant that delivers in her area. No not pizza. Something like Foodtoyou.com

Or a Harry & David Gourmet Gift Basket. (Or maybe you know a local biz who does this same thing.) They have quite a nice range of prices. I've spent as little as $30. You could give her a card at the party, letting her know when to expect a delivery. :) They have some very nice food (it's not just fruit) items. The packages are always so pretty! It's fun to get actual packages/baskets delivered, and perhaps it's been awhile since she has had such a treat. The cheeses are nice, and the vegetable pot pies are very good, and only need to be heated. Harry & David are also very open to the buyer asking if there are any discounted items or free shipping offers.