Menu

Teaching Company code cheat?

This company is new to me, but I'm really liking what I've heard so far.

So, I'm wondering.... Is it cheating to use the $10 code for audio downloads on multiple orders? Is there an unlimited number of times that it's valid (within the time limit when the code expires automatically)? I don't want to take advantage unfairly of a loophole, but I'd really enjoy snagging several new courses for 4.95 a download. I already agonized over which one to get at that price, and after I purchased it and toyed around with my second choice in the shopping cart, it took the code again. Is this normal?

(chews fingernails hopefully...)

It is normal. you should have seen our ordering frenzies right after Christmas (there must be an old thread somewhere...)

If they did not want it, they'd limit the reusing of the code by the same user, which should be very easy to do technically. Since they don't do that, I have to assume they are OK with it.

:) Huzzah!

I started with Life and Writings of John Milton. Next up was C.S. Lewis. Maybe Augustine? I'm thinking about the Vandiver ones on the Iliad and the Odyssey (They would be 9.95 ea. if I entered them separately). Or maybe one of the composers highlighted by Greenberg. Even getting all the $5 bargains will probably add up if I don't stop myself at some point.

It's ridiculously exciting to me. How did I not find these people before now??

So...twenty dollars later, I am the proud new owner of Milton, Lewis, Augustine, and the Aeneid lectures. I think I'll take a little break, now.

It's nice of them to mark them up so tremendously at the beginning so I can feel like I just saved hundreds of dollars instead of spending twenty I hadn't planned on.

I'm actually in the middle of the three middle ages courses by Philip Daileader. (They were a great amazon deal earlier this year :) I thought I would wait till I finished them before getting any more...

I didn't see anything I couldn't live without. I'm on a forced break from TTC because I spent waaaay too much at Christmas. At least I have Coursera to keep me busy. :D

I have vowed not to purchase anything from TC until I have listened to at least 50% of my Christmas purchases (not all of them, since some courses are intended for DS' history next fall). But I barely started - so no new courses for me!

I have vowed not to purchase anything from TC until I have listened to at least 50% of my Christmas purchases (not all of them, since some courses are intended for DS' history next fall). But I barely started - so no new courses for me!

I thought I was done, but Rome & the Barbarians for $30?? I love that course and I only have it in cassette.

I love Retail Me Not, but this code isn't on there. It wasn't in their magazine or flyer, it was in a text letter with what looked like other account specific information. I know companies send this stuff out to make it seem all special and exclusive. And, it's usually not. I just don't want to not be eligible for future codes because I blabbed when I wasn't supposed to.

And, now I just sound all selfish. sigh.

ETA: I just found the paper again, and it doesn't sound all secret-y the way I remembered. Or whatever.

"AAWW" should score whoever is interested an additional $10 off any audio/visual downloads. :hurray:

Sorry to be so pokey about posting. I have all sorts of internal ethical dilemmas that shouldn't really bother anyone in the universe. But, it takes me waaaay to much time to untangle them to my own satisfaction. (shakes head sadly at self and offers a sheepish grin...is there a smiley for that?)

You can feel free to share. Their own marketing strategy is to overprice then put their products on sale for a ridiculous amount to make you feel some sense of urgency to purchase. The coupon codes are just a way of tracking what price points work and how they spread. At least, that's my opinion on the matter. So, you are actually doing us a benefit by sharing your coupon codes because it's telling them, we like this coupon. :D Feel better?

Much better. :) Thanks.

Thanks for the code! I ordered the odyssey, Iliad, and life in ancient times.

We are set for next fall!

Does anyone recommend the algebra DVDs? Are they somehow better than the khan academy videos?

AWE man! :svengo: I forgot the Life in Ancient Times!! I searched most of the day on this forum to get a "list" from you lovely ladies. :coolgleamA:

I did order: Iliad, Odyssey, Rome and Barbarians, Shakespear (with Saccio) and Algebra One and Two. :hurray: :svengo:

Amy

AWE man! :svengo: I forgot the Life in Ancient Times!! I searched most of the day on this forum to get a "list" from you lovely ladies. :coolgleamA:

I did order: Iliad, Odyssey, Rome and Barbarians, Shakespear (with Saccio) and Algebra One and Two. :hurray: :svengo:

Amy

algebra isn't showing up as on sale for me. you didn't pay full price did you?

There's a new priority code that's good for 70% off ALL courses, plus free shipping — and you can combine it with the $10 off code (I just used them together). Both codes expire 3/31.

Priority Code: 82810

Coupon Code: AAWW

Together they save $20-25 over what you would pay for DVDs/CDs with shipping. If you want more than one item, buy them separately, since you can reuse the $10 off code each time, and the shipping is free. (With the sets, though, it may work out the same — e.g. buying the 2 Algebra courses separately works out exactly the same as buying the set, so you might as well order the set.)

Jackie