Menu

Green Smoothies?

TraciWA

We were blessed with a Magic Bullet today! So wondering if anyone has any go to green smoothie recipes they like. Also do you have just the smoothie for a meal or do you have it with something and what would that be?

We have 4 oz. of a green smoothie every morning along with eggs.

My recipe (for 4 people so you would have to pare it down for fewer):

1 orange

1 banana

about 1 1/2 c. of frozen fruit (we like berries esp.)

about 1 c. of kale (without the bitter stem)

about 1/2 c. of water for the consistency of ice cream which we eat with a spoon, more water for a drinkable smoothie

I put in whatever I have laying around, and it nearly always comes out yummy. I had some slightly over ripe watermelon that I cut up and put in the freezer. That has been really nice to add in. My little guy could use some extra calories, so I usually add in some avocado, whole milk yogurt, or coconut oil. I almost always put in chia seeds. Citrus can really brighten them up sometimes. I like a clementine or part of a grapefruit.

I love green smoothies, but I don't have any specific recipe. Usually I just throw in a big handful or two of baby spinach, a banana (frozen if possible), a tablespoon of coconut oil and whatever other fruit I have around. Mango and pineapple are my favorite, but banana and strawberries are good too.

My dd likes when I add yogurt, but I don't add that if I'm not making it for her.

Strawberries and spinach with milk. It's like one of those fancy salads, except you drink it.

I usually also melt some coconut oil and then drizzle it in slowly if I'm doing it as a meal replacement. Can you drizzle in oil with a Magic Bullet? I just use a cheap blender, so I don't know.