Menu

Where does the Easter bunny live?

Night Elf

If Santa is in the North Pole, shouldn't the Easter bunny have a home too? :bigear: I've no clue why I wonder things like this. But this board is so cool, I figured someone has an answer! Hmm...

I've heard many say he lives on Easter Island in a deep, secret burrow. THIS site says 'nope' to that idea :) The site also looks to have a lot of fun Easter Bunny stuff on it including tracking the Easter B on his travels at Easter :001_smile:

Guest inoubliable

That makes sense!

Didn't the Easter Bunny originate among the Celts? I guess you could also pick a place in Ireland.

Northern European pagans.

Interestingly, the hare and the eggs were pagan symbols of fertility. As Christianity spread, pagan traditions were absorbed into the Church's traditions. What I always thought was odd was that the Easter Bunny is usually taken to be male. Right? A male rabbit is a symbol of fertility - pregnancy, and rebirth? Male rabbit. Fertility. Seems legit.

When ds15 was about 3yo, he told me he knew the Easter Bunny was not real...he was "a man dressed up in a bunny suit who came to our house and left the baskets." Then he went on to guess that maybe it was Santa because he had nothing to do after Christmas anyway. So maybe he lives at the North Pole.

When ds15 was about 3yo, he told me he knew the Easter Bunny was not real...he was "a man dressed up in a bunny suit who came to our house and left the baskets." Then he went on to guess that maybe it was Santa because he had nothing to do after Christmas anyway. So maybe he lives at the North Pole.

Sounds like a well thought out idea! Maybe that's why some kids get presents! :tongue_smilie:

Interestingly, the hare and the eggs were pagan symbols of fertility. As Christianity spread, pagan traditions were absorbed into the Church's traditions. What I always thought was odd was that the Easter Bunny is usually taken to be male. Right? A male rabbit is a symbol of fertility - pregnancy, and rebirth? Male rabbit. Fertility. Seems legit.

If you've ever seen a lonely male rabbit try to hump a cat (and a male one at that), it makes perfect sense. :w00t:

Northern European pagans.

So the Easter Bunny essentially exists to increase sperm count?

If Santa is in the North Pole, shouldn't the Easter bunny have a home too? :bigear: I've no clue why I wonder things like this. But this board is so cool, I figured someone has an answer! Hmm...

I think he lives in the hundred acre woods with Winnie the Pooh... :laugh: