Menu

Who else is getting snow tonight??

Guest inoubliable

Surprise this morning--a light scattering of snow on the ground! We weren't expecting anything, just the rain from earlier. Schools in the mountains (north GA) are closed. My boys were hoping they'd have a snow day too. :rolleyes: (They go to b&m school.) Still windy like crazy.

No power. :( it went out at 3Am. We have a small generator, so the important things are plugged in- fridge, Internet, coffee maker.

We don't have water though because we are on a well. We are using snow to flush toilets.

It's supposed to warm up tomorrow though, so I'm hoping we can drive in town for showers.

Guest inoubliable

NotSo - stay safe and warm! We've got a ton of snow already and it's coming down HARD. DH just got sent home from work.

Oh - my sister just called. (Weird to type out...) Today Show has a camera crew in Warrenton, and Al Roker is down in Front Royal. Oooh. Big news! LOL.

Guest inoubliable

Nine inches here so far. If it stays as heavily as it has been for the past several hours, I don't doubt the "up to 20 inches" will be my reality by tonight.

Wow, KK, that's a lot of snow!

Ours just turned over to snow--it was, earlier, then rain, then slushy stuff, but now snow. We are in the 6-9 band now.

Fed Gov't is closed, so I don't have to dog walk! Schools are closed, too.

I'm making bean soup--still soaking the beans (til 2pm!) so I'm hoping we don't lose power before it's done at 5pm!!

Still raining here. Schools are in session. Apparently, we're in the 5-10" range for tonight. We'll see. Meanwhile, I have to call in this afternoon to see if I have to report for jury duty tomorrow... Wanna place bets that court will be canceled?