Menu

Triumph article featuring the friend I mentioned...........

Joanne

Guest submarines

If you read the comments, you'll find that others did not share that opinion. I think it may have depended on where you were on the ship and where you were in the food lines. I have read other first person accounts that sounded more like the commenters than the person who wrote the article.

I wonder how many of these accounts are hyped up with the law suit in mind and the media needing a drama. Sorry to be a skeptic.

The one interview I watched, the interviewer kept asking, "So, was your vacation ruined? Was it ruined??" And the lady replies, "Well, it wasn't what we planned on, but it wasn't ruined." :coolgleamA:

He's my kind of man. He sounds like my own husband. A total glass 1/2 full sort- of -person.

I can understand the sewage ick... if 4000 people can't flush, that is an issue. Bad bacteria have been an issue on ships.

However, I could not understand the food issue, since cruises are noted for the massive and hedonistic amounts of food on-board. In this case, they were even further supplied.

The varied reactions are also due to personality differences, to a large degree.

I see time and again how different people experience similar things and share fairly different stories. I thunk that the "glass half full" or more laid-back personality or the low-drama/low-maintenance personality are going to view a situation through a different lense. I see that coming through in the perspective of the person interviewed for the article.

Honestly, while I don't know this guy, he's the kind of person I'd like to travel with. He's someone who makes the best of a bad situation. Extra drama is always a bad thing for everyone around.