Menu

Feedback on Project Passport Middle Ages?

:bigear: I am interested in knowing this, too. I plan on buying it soon because we are reading about vikings now and next year we are doing middle ages. Believe or not, I have the Traveler's CD for Explorers but I haven't used it, yet. I did want to do some of the activities but we don't have time this year to do them.

We have been using this for the second half of this year along with SOTW/CHOLL and really enjoy it. What we have been doing is throughout the week we do the CHOLL literature reading in the morning to get us going, then on Monday, the kids do the coloring pages from the AG while I read SOTW. This is followed by the AG review questions. On Wednesday we will either visit some websites, watch a movie or do a craft on the topic. On Friday we will use Project Passport and do one of the Stops (reading and activities). I have loosely lined it up to SOTW, so some of the Stops are out of order, but that hasn't been a problem so far.

I like that Project Passport has several Stops that are focused on Family Life, Education, Art, etc. It really helps the kids to understand what life was like during the Middle Ages and allows them to have a better understanding of the events that we read about in SOTW. There are a few Stops that cover specific events such as the Crusades or Battles, Wars, & Conflicts, but it does not cover the topic as well as SOTW, so I would definitely consider this a supplement, not a stand alone curriculum. It does have a fair amount of printing and is crafty ~ if you or your kids don't like cutting paper and playing with glue sticks then you probably wouldn't enjoy this. My kids love to color and glue, but I do precut everything ~ it just helps the crafts go smoother.

All in all, we love it and will probably use other Passports as they come out :)

It does have three Stops that cover Church History, Church and other Religious Events, and Monastic Life, but this is taught as part of life in the Middle Ages. We are secular homeschoolers and have not had any problems with the program as is. HTH

That does help.

Does your 11 year old enjoy it?

We are using it and love it! We are using it in addition to our SOTW 2. My husband does it with the girls, while I do SOTW with them. They really are learning a lot with it and enjoy the hands on of it. We even had "game night" last weekend with one of the units. We had our kids grandparents here and we would read a card outloud with the name of a middle age occupation on it. We had to guess what they did - the answer was on the back. Everyone had a blast.