Menu

Some days I just want to bang my head on the table...

Live2Ride

I swear some days my daughter refuses to put to good use that mass between her two ears...I'm grading her history questions today....

A few questions:

-What effect do you think the automobile had on the development of society?

Her answer:

It affected people more....

-Compare and contrast the Emancipation Proclamation of Abraham Lincoln and the Imperial Decree of Alexander II. How are they similar? How are they different?

Her answer:

Both freed people, but later had it's hardships....

Or this one:

-Compare the portrait of Prince Metternich with that of Emperor Napoleon III. How does each portrait reflect the political philosophies of each?

Her answer:

Metternich was powerful and persuasive, Napoleon was authoritive and commanding....

I asked her, "You got that from looking at those portraits"? She was 'able to see it in their face'. :svengo:

Someone rescue me please....

Y'all are cracking me up! I actually had to leave the house before I tore my hair out.... decided to run a few quick errands that I really needed to do so I left. They were supposed to be finishing up their work....at 4 in the afternoon...why they like to stretch their days as looooong as possible I'll never understand!

She's received a number of chores since Monday for the whining and complaining that have added to her 'soooo busy' days of schoolwork and well...nothing else but music once a week....seriously! Also got a volunteer position at the library starting soon :) SHe loves to read and has fines that she can work off...plus she'll get some time away from home...

Thought y'all might get a chuckle out of a post I did on facebook on Monday...after a fairly challenging day with her:

Dear Mostly Carbon Copy Daughter of Mine ;) ,

I'm exhausted and would like to go to bed. Unfortunately you have a deadline today for a large project that you have gaffed me off about for weeks after being gently reminded multiple times would be due today. And for some strange reason (because I guess you think this works, though all the other attempts have failed before),

All. Day. Long, you hav...e tried to conjole, argue, plead, whine, gripe and attempt to convince me that I should give you "One more day" to finish. Seriously! I gave you 21 days and you are now out of luck...

So I get to be mean tonight and sit here while you finish this work entirely. Then you and I can go to sleep...only to wake at 5 am for Early Morning Seminary. Lucky me though, I get to come home and nap :) ! Unlucky you, you don't!

Love,

Your tired Homeschooling Mom who loves you and wants you to understand that deadlines are deadlines and time management is an important skill to learn :)

That is all...

I wish I could have left to run errands today when DD was doing her math. She was doing a review lesson of division that she has been doing off and on for the last 6 months. Suddenly she just doesn't get it. Even after I essentially told her how to do the problem (it's division, you have to divide). Even after I threw her the bag of base ten blocks so she could split them up into equal groups. Whine, whine, whine. OMG!!! Just do the darn problem already!!! Why must she insist on throwing these "I just don't get it!" days at least once a week. It makes me crazy!

You just can't win. I took my 14yo dd to help me teach an anatomy class yesterday. I thought it went fairly well. Until I got home and saw her FaceBook. She posed a photo with the skeleton and had commented that she had met a new friend - a little thinner than she's used to and kind of transparent about things, but with this great Bone to Be Wild attitude. :glare: You can take them out to great enrichment activities, but you can't make them stop being 14.