Menu

Remember the loan modification debacle? I felt so isolated........

Joanne

My story about my loan modification was so crazy and absurd that, had I not lived it, I would not have believed it.

I finally posted about it once here only to find that my absurd story was common.

Well, the Big Banks are now being made to "settle" with financially damaged citizens. I got my notice to register last year.

This link, especially the middle column of the table, is *exactly* what I lived.

https://nationalmortgagesettlementclaim.com/

I wonder if, how much, and when I will be reimbursed?

However much it is, and I hope it is a lot, it won't be enough to pay for the carp you went through.

I have no idea how the amount is figured. I know that I paid a mortgage payment every single month for more than a year while working with the "modification" program.

When they "mis-executed" my final acceptance paperwork, I had not been delinquent in over 18 months!

I have no idea how the amount is figured. I know that I paid a mortgage payment every single month for more than a year while working with the "modification" program.

When they "mis-executed" my final acceptance paperwork, I had not been delinquent in over 18 months!

I think I remember some of that nightmare.

I got a letter for this and thought it was a scam or something. We've gotten so many letters during and after the foreclosure.

Now it is 10 days past the due date for the paperwork. I'm sure I threw the letter away. But $840...

To be honest? I'm kinda glad everything happened like it did. I wouldn't have my three children had it not. I cannot imagine life without them, nor do I wish to.

At the same time, I feel like this is something over our heads. I feel like something to do with it is always lurking waiting to strike.

At the bottom of your link, it says the payment amount will be $840. Hardly seems sufficient.

Thank you. The paperwork I got in the mail said "at least $840". I guess it was determined to be a $840 across the board settlement.

I'll take $420 (xh gets half). It's a car payment or a couple of weeks of groceries!

I remember a few of years ago when you were talking about this, because we were going through the same thing. I had a feeling they were scamming a LOT of people. We had to call and threaten with legal action before they would straighten out our agreement. They also made it look like we had two mortgages on our credit report - the original loan + the modification. They put that we were current on our modification loan, but had not paid our original loan in over 3 months - so we were in pre-foreclosure (which we were not). This trashed our credit reports for a long time. We had to get an attorney to write them a letter taking that off. *shaking head* They know what they're doing. I don't feel sorry for them. In retrospect, I should've just given the house back to them. Here, take it! :tongue_smilie: What's really stupid is that after being unemployed for a year, being separated for a year and moving across country (because there are NO jobs where we lived), we still stuck it out and paid that mortgage for three years. I finally sold that house in December. I had to bring almost $30,000 to closing. I know they wouldn't have done that for us! Lol.

I have alot of internal frustration from the housing crash. :cursing: