Menu

ordering from etsy?

Hoggirl

You pay with paypal usually. It works a bit like ebay, except that sellers are supposed to only post things that fit into their categories (homemade, vintage or art supplies, I think). I've bought many things - from very established sellers and from sellers with very little and I've never had a bad experience. Everything I've gotten has arrived on time and been great. Sometimes things arrive with a cute note or in adorable and unexpectedly cute packaging. Someone I know bought a bag and it immediately got a tear (an accident, not a flaw in the bag) and she messaged the seller for advice and the woman sent her a free patch. Really, nearly everyone I know has had great Etsy experiences.

You pay with paypal usually. It works a bit like ebay, except that sellers are supposed to only post things that fit into their categories (homemade, vintage or art supplies, I think). I've bought many things - from very established sellers and from sellers with very little and I've never had a bad experience. Everything I've gotten has arrived on time and been great. Sometimes things arrive with a cute note or in adorable and unexpectedly cute packaging. Someone I know bought a bag and it immediately got a tear (an accident, not a flaw in the bag) and she messaged the seller for advice and the woman sent her a free patch. Really, nearly everyone I know has had great Etsy experiences.

I don't have a Paypal account. Hmm. Haven't people had problems with those? I'd really like to buy some things I have seen on there. Are Paypal accounts "safe"?

Sorry to be such a novice at this.

I just opened my own shop there in the fall. I made a few sales and everyone has been wonderful. I definitely like the idea of supporting the small business! Now, I need to rotate my Christmas items out and restock my shelves with current things.

Paypal and credit cards are accepted.

I've had one good experience with Etsy and one in progress experience that's going well. The seller's were friendly, easy to reach, answered any questions I had quickly, shipped when they said would and the one item I received was exactly as promised. I'll know tomorrow about my other item, but I ordered at the recommendation of an acquaintance and she has only good things to say about the seller.

I've been bookmarking jewelry seller's for a special occasions, I love some of the vintage stores!

Another who loves etsy here! I've had nothing but great experiences and have ordered from vendors all over the world.

You don't need a PayPal account to use a credit card via PP. There is usually a split screen that comes up with one side to log in and the other to enter your payment info without an account.

I agree with others. I have ordered a few things and had great experiences. I would recommend Paypal though; they will take over if you didn't receive an item that you have paid for. Going through this now with an eBay problem and PP has been great at helping us. Although, perhaps your CC company would do that as well? Have fun shopping!