Menu

52 weeks to an organized home challenge—week 1 check-in

Erica in OR

I am giddy! I sorted through BIG closet entirely today! I bagged up some clothing, boots, coats for friends (my youngest has had a growth spurt!), and decided to part with some 'good' linens I don't love, plus lots of other items we are not using. What I thought friends could not use, I put in in large bags to donate. My 19 yr old ds put all of this in my car's ' way back'. Even the bags are out of the house! I'll drop them off at the donation center tomorrow. :) It looks like we almost haven't any clothing. lol Yet we really do!

I lucked out with this week's challenge. I decluttered my countertops and small appliances back in November. I do have to finish the actual cleaning of the kitchen and finish putting away the buckets and bins that have piled onto the table and around it. But over all this weeks challenge will be an easy one.

I've been sick (getting over pneumonia) for the past 2 weeks. Today, I started to feel more like myself. I tacked the kitchen while DH was napping. When he woke up, he just said, "Oh, it's good to have you back!" I love organizing, and my kitchen was really suffering. I'm looking forward to making it even better over the next several weeks!

I didn't do really any of the particular challenges but we had a huge Epiphany Party Saturday so my house is much cleaner than normal. So that's a start! And this week I min not get to the actual program but ill be packing up Christmas and probably decluttering the toy closet. Our tree blocks access to it so its a perfect chance for me to make some things disappear and put the new toys on the shelves instead.

Took a peek at the week one challenge and wanted to print it out. Anyone know how to get it to print without all the extra photos/ad junk?

Erica in OR

If you haven't found it already...Below day 31 is a link to a pdf, it is in calendar form. No ads or junk! There is one for each month.

Fwiw, I often copy things over to Word and delete the extra images and whatnot if there is no other printing option.

I've been derailed by a stomach bug working its way through the house. I'm off to get in some exercise (I'm not sick) and then I think I might tackle today's at least. I realized that all of my extra small appliances are taking up valuable shelf space in my storage area. And I never use them! So I need to get down there with a box and clear those out tomorrow, maybe.

I have been working on the daily 15 minute missions, but now that we have started school again I am having trouble fitting in time for decluttering. I'm also trying out the Motivated Moms app and those tasks were eating into my time. (And I've decided that 'The' Motivated Moms don't have pets who need grooming. Grooming 2 of my dogs this week took me about 5 hours total.)

I also don't really feel like working on the kitchen. I've been forcing myself, but I have an upstairs hallway/closet area the really needs attention and I'd much rather be doing that. I'm trying to save it for Sat and stick with the declutter challenge. I think, maybe I fight against being told what to do. :lol: