Menu

Math Mommoth

mlgbug

It is close to 200 pages per year. I divide the A and B books, print front and back on heavier inkjet type paper (I have a laser printer; so worth it!). DD picks cardstock for the cover and back. Then I take it to the office store, and they spiral bind it and put clear page protectors over it, which costs about 8 dollars. I put all of the cumulative reviews and tests into one tiny booklet at the beginning of the year and have that spiral bound too, the same as above.

Totally worth it! Great value even with the cost of printing. Especially if you kids use more than one grade in a year. You also can reuse for future kids by just reprinting. Nothing new to buy.

As far a printing it is a lot but I don't see this as a problem. The first year I went through and printed only what was necessary. This year I printed all of it because I didn't feel like taking the time. I didn't feel the savings equaled my time. I do not print the answer key. That is easy enough to look at on the computer.

I print the year three hole punch it and put it in a big binder. I then take the lesson we are working on and put it into a small binder for my son. When he finishes it it goes back in the big binder.

This is definitely my favorite curriculum.

I have a laser printer so I was able to print it out for a negligible cost. I simply print one semester at a time, three hole punch it and stick it in a binder. Works well enough for us.

This is pretty much what I've been doing. I staple each "lesson" (2-3 pages) together and leave the stack on as shelf. When ds finishes a lesson, he sticks it in his binder.

I print the year three hole punch it and put it in a big binder. I then take the lesson we are working on and put it into a small binder for my son. When he finishes it it goes back in the big binder.

This is what I would do. When my dc did worksheets, it always seemed easier for them to have a piece of paper lying flat on the table instead of wrestling with a workbook. I cut apart all workbooks and put them in three-ring notebooks if possible. Makes for good storage, too. :-)

FYI, the homeschool buyers co-op is having a deal on the downloads at the end of the month :)

I purchased it last time and just print them and spiral bind them. I have a decent printer so it didn't take a ton of ink. I did skip printing a couple chapters that I didn't think my kids needed more practice on. I tried to print double sided...however I made an error on my sons and it printed single sided....whoops. By time I noticed, it wasn't worth redoing.

I spent a few days (and a lot of paper and ink) printing it all out, but it was still much cheaper than buying the other curriculum I was considering (Teaching Textbooks.)

We started MM on Monday with my second grader. So far, I love it for her (and I am not a math person, by any means.) I think she is really going to be able to "get" math through MM. We shall see.

Also, I second Ellie's suggestion of chopping everything up. I took all my stuff to Fed Ex/Kinko's and had the spines removed, then placed the work in folders according to our weeks. Plus, my dd is a lefty and it just helps her with writing anyway.

I can't add to what has been said. I've printed it for two students. Whomever said about 200 pages is correct for years 1and 2, ime.

What I did want to add for others is that with my iPad, we no longer print any pages. I have the kids complete their homework virtually and save a copy. So much easier!

Also, if you plan on purchasing all 6 years at once, HSBC has the best deal.