Menu

If you had to pull an all-nighter...

Spryte

How would you spend the time?

I have to stay up all night tonight, as a medical test in the morning requires that I'm sleep deprived. Fun, fun.

No coffee, ack!

So I am trying to plan my night. If I focus on reading, or anything that involves sitting down, I'm afraid I'll fall asleep. Which means I need to stay up and moving. :)

I'm thinking it might be a great time to ... organize the garage? ... clean out cabinets? ... sort and organize curriculum?

DH is voting that I take down the Christmas tree, but that's a job I detest, so I'm hoping to find another activity! I would rather clean baseboards than do that!

What would you do with a required all-nighter?

A Doctor Who marathon mixed with something that gets me off the couch after every two episodes so I don't fall asleep and some ice-cold face washes. The hours between 3 and 5 am are the hardest for me to stay awake during. I bet if you make it to 3 or 4 then set an alarm for an hour later, you'll still be plenty sleep-deprived.

Guest inoubliable

Bake KK some cookies?

I kid, I kid! (Kinda. These steroids are making me so hungry!!)

Honestly, I'd have to tackle some cleaning/organizing. What better way to get a great jumpstart to any organizing or cleaning goals you have for 2013?? Sorting and organizing curricula sounds good. That could definitely get you some clear ideas on what you'll need for the next school year. In fact... I think that if I have another sleepless night tonight, I'm going to do just that.

I'd buy a new video game or try World of Warcraft :)

Unless I were really into a book, I wouldn't read.

Maybe school prep, some type of planning. Online surfing, YouTube videos, humor sites, but sitting up at the computer.

Possibly a couple of showers if I was starting to doze...

Good luck!

I would paint a room because 1) I enjoy doing it, 2) it requires lots of moving around and 3) it's wonderful to do it with no other distractions.

If I didn't have a room that needed painting, I would organize a closet or cabinets or homeschool materials. I wouldn't do the garage because ours is dark and cold and spooky at night and there's too much for me to do alone. That's something I would need dh for.

Well, I'd love to read all night but I'd definitely fall asleep after a few hours.

So...I would declutter and clean. To break things up a bit, I'd take 15 min. computer or book breaks after every 45 min. of decluttering.

I'd also take a footbath and give myself a much-needed pedicure sometime during the night. ;)

Good luck staying up!

These are great ideas! Reading and TV will make me sleepy, too... Unless I have a really great book - then I'll happily stay up all night. But there's a likelihood of dozing off, so I don't want to risk it. Decluttering and organizing sound appealing - uninterrupted time is a rarity, right?

Painting - now that is a great idea! I am going to dig out all the touch up supplies and do some touch up work tonight! Baking works, too, but the question is... Will I eat it all to stay awake?

I might try a new video game, and/or just stay up all night here! You'll all wake to see a million posts from me. :)

I would paint a room because 1) I enjoy doing it, 2) it requires lots of moving around and 3) it's wonderful to do it with no other distractions.

If I didn't have a room that needed painting, I would organize a closet or cabinets or homeschool materials. I wouldn't do the garage because ours is dark and cold and spooky at night and there's too much for me to do alone. That's something I would need dh for.

This is my first thought as well. I would paint. It keeps me up and moving. I often paint rooms late at night, after everyone is in bed. LOL No kids running in and out and it is fun motivation to get it all done and cleaned up before the morning. Doing projects at night is nice for me because there are fewer distractions. No phone ringing, no stores open/errands to do.

If you don't paint how about sewing/crafting?

Fill a car with items to take to Goodwill in the morning?

Organize photos?

Scrub the floors? I love to scrub my hard floors by hand with a scrub brush once a year. I have to do it when there are no kids around because I cover it all in hot water and scrub after it soaks for a bit. It is amazing how nice they look afterward.

I would definitely take down the Christmas tree. That always gets me in a cleaning mood. Having the space back in the living room is like opening up a window and getting fresh air in the spring.