Menu

Exercise Thread ~ 12/9 - 12/15

Negin

I have 8 hours of bellydance classes scheduled this week (not counting any practice I squeeze in at home). 5 1/2 of those hours are classes I teach, so the level of exercise I get varies. The 2 1/2 hours I spend as a student are intense and those classes/sessions often run late. Luckily, the most brutal class is on Friday night so I can recover :-)

I just bought a great new DVD to work on hands, arms, and poses, but I'm not so great at exercising alone 😒

Scheduled day off from exercise today.

So why was I up a ladder, down the ladder and up again doubling down on the insulation on the chicken house? (Besides the fact that it's really, really cold!)

Anybody ever notice when you bang your knee on a ladder in 50F it doesn't cause you to so much as blink, but when it's closer to 30F you want to vomit from the pain?

Scheduled day off from exercise today.

So why was I up a ladder, down the ladder and up again doubling down on the insulation on the chicken house? (Besides the fact that it's really, really cold!)

Anybody ever notice when you bang your knee on a ladder in 50F it doesn't cause you to so much as blink, but when it's closer to 30F you want to vomit from the pain?

I never knew, and I hope to never find out from personal experience! Yikes.

RPM (Spin) class followed by Yin Yoga (which is just a fancy name for holding stretches for 2-5 minutes propped up by pillows and blankets, the idea is to get the muscles to relax enough to allow the connective tissues to stretch and relax - no effort required).

Walked around a museum for half the day, which I normally wouldn't count but my legs are aching from it! Despite the achey legs i went to BodyStep this afternoon. I think a nice hot bath would help but I am feeling too lazy to put forth the effort. :p

Monday: 3.1 miles on treadmill

Tuesday: 1.75 miles on treadmill

Wed: planned day of rest

Thurs: taking another day off from running as I tweaked something in my right leg on Tuesday. Hopefully one more day off will do the trick. Going to do some exercises on the Wii with the kids this afternoon

Leslie's Walk & Kick

Wanted to do a longer workout, but not enough time today.

I would like some new yoga dvds. Any suggestions? Intermediate level.

I've heard that Sarah Ivanhoe's yoga DVD is a great one. It's on my wish list.

I have lots of yoga DVDs and my all-time favorite is Mark Laham's. You can view clips on You Tube.

I also like Iron Yoga a lot.

Rodney Yee is fine also, not my all-time favorite, however.

This is what I've heard about the Crunch Yoga Body Sculpt

"Simple and nice

Good and basic yoga workout for those who are cautious of the "weird" stuff.

This one's about as mainstream as you can get."

HTH. :)

Nothing today for me either, unless you count the .2 miles I ran back down the interstate to rescue a hit-by-car hawk.

Didn't make it though. The wing was more or less obliterated. But all afternoon was getting the hawk taken care of, so by the time that was all done with, it was dark and I was exhausted.

Going to be shortly, and better luck tomorrow. I've got a five-mile run planned.