Menu

Now what - the eyebrows are gone!

momofkhm

My eyebrows have always been bushy and I just never did anything about it. I just dealt with it. I ignored them. Well, I decided to do something. This morning I bought one of those store wax kits. Warm it up in your hand. Put it on, rip it off. You know the kind that never works. Well, it did. For all intents and purposes, one eyebrow is gone. Almost completely gone. The other one is actually not too bad. Noticeably thinner, but not gone. The thin one is the one I did first so I figured I have to even them out.

But what do I do now? How do I make it look ok until they grow back? Does eyebrow pencil really look ok?

If you use eyebrow pencil, you should be able to even it out pretty well and most people aren't going to notice it as much as you do, or even at all. Obviously, the trick is to get the right color. Make sure that you don't "draw" a solid line, but rather feather it. Most of them have a feathering type mechanism to help even more after the color is applied.

If you use eyebrow pencil, you should be able to even it out pretty well and most people aren't going to notice it as much as you do, or even at all. Obviously, the trick is to get the right color. Make sure that you don't "draw" a solid line, but rather feather it. Most of them have a feathering type mechanism to help even more after the color is applied.

:iagree: And maybe do sideswept bangs that will kind of cover that eyebrow if it's still noticeable.

I have had the cosmetologist rip off half an eyebrow TWICE. Thankfully, my bangs are long and she butchered the eyebrow that is on the side to which they are swept.

That said, I've had them waxed monthly for years without incident besides those two. It is like $7 to have them done. Well worth it, IMO

I'll tell you waht I do because my brows are very light. I hate make up but I wear just a bit.

I use a good brow brush. Mine is Bobbi brown but you want one that is very thin and angled. And a shadow your hair color. Brow pencils work but the waxy ones look unatural to me. Just make little whispy tiny lines with the pencil, then use the brush and shadow to soften. They will grow back. I'm sorry, i've done the same. I had a bad eye wax once and I was mad. After that I just tweeze

Especially important to make sure the pencil isn't blue. Trust me on this one.

I would go to a salon and have them even do the other brow the way it should be, and show me how to use the pencil correctly to fill in the other. It shouldn't be very expensive.

Totally. I'm a very low maintainence type gal and I have my brows done professionally every month. It's worth every penny.

Learn to laugh at yourself. You can also get brow powder to go along with pencil.

Tweezers are your friend. You can't rip off an entire eyebrow with tweezers.

:iagree:

I have very wimpy eyebrows but I still tweeze. I don't use a pencil though when it comes to shaping them with colour, I prefer an angle brush and eye shadow. I also prefer the angle brush to eyeliner. The colour is softer and more natural.

My eyebrows have always been bushy and I just never did anything about it. I just dealt with it. I ignored them. Well, I decided to do something. This morning I bought one of those store wax kits. Warm it up in your hand. Put it on, rip it off. You know the kind that never works. Well, it did. For all intents and purposes, one eyebrow is gone. Almost completely gone. The other one is actually not too bad. Noticeably thinner, but not gone. The thin one is the one I did first so I figured I have to even them out.

But what do I do now? How do I make it look ok until they grow back? Does eyebrow pencil really look ok?

Oh, goodness. I agree with the others: pencil and bangs. Are your bangs long enough? Do you have bangs?

One time I had an important week of business meetings and wanted to look my best so I tried to wax the "bird wing"--you know, the hair between the brows that's not supposed to be there. As it turned out, I RIPPED the skin between my brows and it scabbed over. Then I tried to cover it with makeup. Needless to say, trying to look my best for the meetings turned out bad. Very bad.

Thanks ladies!

I read a couple before I left for dinner with friends. I sort of drew it in with a eyeliner - but dark grey, almost black. Friend's lighting is softer and no one noticed! I got home and spilled it to dh and my dds. They had to have me look at the bright kitchen light before they saw it. Then one dd said, "Don't use black. You need a brown. I have a brown mom." LOTS of laughter over it by then. But the fact that no one noticed, I am thrilled! I can get through this. It will be almost 4 weeks until I see mom, she is another one that would notice and so hopefully by then it's not too bad.

Off tomorrow to get a eyebrow pencil and brush and a eyeshadow shade that all match. I'll play tomorrow.

Surely I'm not the only one who wants the backstory on this advice!

It was a coworker. She was a little odd anyway but one day, my boss came into the staff office and said, "Am I hallucinating, or are X's eyebrows blue?" And sure enough, they were. Totally blue. And I really don't recall her ever wearing blue eyeliner.

Thanks ladies!

I read a couple before I left for dinner with friends. I sort of drew it in with a eyeliner - but dark grey, almost black. Friend's lighting is softer and no one noticed! I got home and spilled it to dh and my dds. They had to have me look at the bright kitchen light before they saw it. Then one dd said, "Don't use black. You need a brown. I have a brown mom." LOTS of laughter over it by then. But the fact that no one noticed, I am thrilled! I can get through this. It will be almost 4 weeks until I see mom, she is another one that would notice and so hopefully by then it's not too bad.

Off tomorrow to get a eyebrow pencil and brush and a eyeshadow shade that all match. I'll play tomorrow.

Having a family that can laugh over it helps! Glad everything is working out okay.