Menu

Have we talked about this? Lisa Whelchel on Survivor....

I have never watched the show before this season, but started following it because I watched the Facts of Life as a kid and Lisa home schooled her kids, etc. I never thought it would happen, but I now find I am actually interested in the game itself.

Is anyone willing to confess to watching this season just to see a fellow home schooling mother survive? If so, what do you think about it?

:bigear:

Yeah, me too. I think she's really holding her own and trying to be true to herself, and that is nice to see. I just never imagined I would enjoy watching the show in the first place, though, kwim? I usually only watch TV for four year events: the Olympics, the World Cup (aka soccer) and the elections. :)

The thread's not dead yet Susan!

Coming out of the closet to admit that I enjoy watching Survivor. Lisa seems to be really wrestling with the ethics of the game and her own issues about how people perceive her vs. her real personality. I like her!

I haven't watched Survivor since the first couple seasons. I started again this season to watch Lisa. I've never been a big fan of hers but I was curious. I've really enjoyed watching her grow. I love how she's willing to share with us how she's struggled with finding her way, on the show & IRL. I'm rooting for her.

I saw on Google News that she has West Nile Virus (Nov 15th story):

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/people/2012/11/15/survivor-facts-of-life-lisa-whelchel-has-west-nile-virus/1706375/

On Tuesday, Whelchel, 49, tweeted her diagnosis. "Dr. just called with blood test results...I have West Nile. Ugh. I'm fine, just tired. Takes a year to recover," she wrote.

I saw on Google News that she has West Nile Virus (Nov 15th story):

http://www.usatoday....-virus/1706375/

On Tuesday, Whelchel, 49, tweeted her diagnosis. "Dr. just called with blood test results...I have West Nile. Ugh. I'm fine, just tired. Takes a year to recover," she wrote.

Yeah, I saw that. Wonder where she got it? I heard it is prevalent in Texas, though, she could have contracted it right here at home.

Yeah, I saw that. Wonder where she got it? I heard it is prevalent in Texas, though, she could have contracted it right here at home.

very prevalent in the south. It can take weeks to rear it's ugly head. Many people in my state (Louisiana) have died from the neuro invasive form this year. I freaked out over every mosquito bite my son got. The pesky mosquitos are everywhere and sneak in your house to bite you in your sleep.

I hate those things.

very prevalent in the south. It can take weeks to rear it's ugly head. Many people in my state (Louisiana) have died from the neuro invasive form this year. I freaked out over every mosquito bite my son got. The pesky mosquitos are everywhere and sneak in your house to bite you in your sleep.

I hate those things.

Me too. Sounds like falciparum-bearing mozzies we used to get in Mozambique. I learned to recognize the flight pattern and track them for the kill. :) They are horrible, disease laden creatures!