Menu

Using Emoticons on iPad?

Halcyon

I use my iPad 90% of the time for these boards (DH even got me a keyboard as my wrists were hurting from typing so much!)

As far as I can tell, there are no emoticons for ipad users, or perhaps I am looking in the wrong place? Can someone help me oout here?

I don't see any yet on the iPad, which I post from 90% of the time as well.

For now I'm typing in the HTML tags for the emoticons I want to use.

Bill

I just use the basic ones when I'm on my iPad like :), ;), :D and :p, because I can type the colons and parentheses without thinking about it.

I found myself using my laptop a lot more to read the boards lately...

And I'm :bigear: to hear how I can go back to using the iPad more.

I don't see any yet on the iPad, which I post from 90% of the time as well.

For now I'm typing in the HTML tags for the emoticons I want to use.

Bill

The problem is that some of the old tags for the more board specific emoticons seem to have changed? I was about to put in one the other day, but I wasn't sure it would work because I've seen some others that hadn't worked.

Thanks, Other John, for getting on it. I miss them on the iPad.

If they are not there, I will work on getting them on later. I wanted to fine tune the iPad version anyways.

Plus we are going to have an app not to far from now.

I'm not sure about other iPad users, but I prefer the "full" version to the "mobile" version (and am not sure what you mean by the iPad version, but—when possible—it would be nice to have the emoticons work with the iPad "full" version.

Thanks for the hard work and your responsiveness to community input!

Bill

I'm not sure about other iPad users, but I prefer the "full" version to the "mobile" version (and am not sure what you mean by the iPad version, but—when possible—it would be nice to have the emoticons work with the iPad "full" version.

Bill

I'm also using the full version on my ipad, I find it very readable, while I find the mobile version very confusing.

I thought I was the only one :-)

Bill

I'm another that prefers the "full" version. I like seeing people's signatures, especially on the high school board so I can see if the person has been there/done that. The mobile version didn't show anything but the post (I think....unless I missed a setting option).

I can see that the mobile version would be great for a phone, but for my iPad I prefer the whole shebang.