Menu

Introducing myself

Guest tanyaCO

Guest tanyaCO

Hi, I don't really know if you do introductions on this board or where to post them, so I figured I would start here :-)

I have been browsing these boards for ages. Every specific question I ever ask google re homeschooling leads me here, so I figure that maybe it's a place I should be. I have yet to read the WTM, but have been on the library wait list forever. Finally, a homeschooling friend has offered to loan me a copy and I pick it up in a few minutes - YAY. I find myself floating between a number of HSing philosophies - they all offer so much, and all seem so right, then I read another .... I have 2 kids, 2yo boy and 4.5yo girl (that .5 is so important according to her). They are both smart kids, although some of that might be maternal bias. DD is a fluent reader already, which helps me out tremendously because I wasn't looking forward to teaching reading at all. now I get to wait a little longer, until my DD shows interest :-) We are currently working our way through B4FIAR, with plans to move on to FIAR soon.

Anyway, I look forward to getting to know you all.