Menu

Be honest.....does it both you that...

BatmansWife

...my font it always purple?? It's been purple here since as long as I can remember. It was a way for me to find myself much quicker on the old board before we had this awesome quote notification feature. I could scroll through a post super fast and find myself. :001_smile: But...I was reading some threads about people's eyes hurting with the white and the colors....some people are even getting headaches. So, it got me thinking. I am willing to give it up if it really bothers people. I don't want to be annoying to anyone. I could change it and just be like everyone else......

But, I'd like to keep the colors in my signature if that's ok.

:bigear:

...my font it always purple?? It's been purple here since as long as I can remember. It was a way for me to find myself much quicker on the old board before we had this awesome quote notification feature. I could scroll through a post super fast and find myself. :001_smile: But...I was reading some threads about people's eyes hurting with the white and the colors....some people are even getting headaches. So, it got me thinking. I am willing to give it up if it really bothers people. I don't want to be annoying to anyone. I could change it and just be like everyone else......

But, I'd like to keep the colors in my signature if that's ok.

:bigear:

Do what you want and shrug if anyone says different! It doesn't bother me, although the glaring white background hurts my eyes. Perhaps it's a sign I'm getting old...

I like to write in purple pen. It lets me know when the writing is mine, and I also lay claim to all purple pens so that I always have a writing utensil available. No one else has permission to use them.

Warning: When I am old, I shall wear purple with a red hat that doesn't go, and doesn't suit me.

Well, yay me! I get to stay purple then.

I know that sometimes I'm too concerned about what other people are thinking. I know I love the purple. It's me! :001_wub:

It doesn't bother me. I wish I had the patience to make all of my posts green.

PS, I like the first purple better than the second. But it is your choice.

Thanks. Great job on the green. I like it. :cheers2: Goes well with your avatar.

Now I dare you to do this from now on.

It doesn't bother me. I think it's easier to read than black on white. You can't make everyone happy, so just do what you want. :)

Good advice. Thanks! :001_smile:

Doesn't bother me but neither does the white background. I understand those that it does bother though.

I've gotten used to knowing that when I see purple it's you. :o

Awww......that's sweet (even if you didn't mean it to be :blush: ).

I actually thought it was quite brilliant, and if I could access colors (I am on an iPad) I would type this in a beautiful ROYGBIV rainbow to show how much it doesn't bother me. But that would get tedious and I would immediately stop thereafter.

Well......thank you very much!! Nothing I have ever done has been called brilliant. :o

Do what you want and shrug if anyone says different! It doesn't bother me, although the glaring white background hurts my eyes. Perhaps it's a sign I'm getting old...

I like to write in purple pen. It lets me know when the writing is mine, and I also lay claim to all purple pens so that I always have a writing utensil available. No one else has permission to use them.

Warning: When I am old, I shall wear purple with a red hat that doesn't go, and doesn't suit me.

I love your warning! :lol:

It's much much easier to read now on the white background than it used to be. Wasn't it some kind of script looking font before? Or am I thinking of someone else?

Nope, wasn't me. I didn't have any script looking font. Pretty much what it is now, if not the same (I don't quite remember).

It doesn't bother me, I like it. But, the white background doesn't bother me, either, so I don't know if I'm a good person to ask. :)

About all this white background talk. What did it used to be? It's not glaringly white to me at all.

:huh:

It doesn't bother me at all. If I had the gumption, I'd make every letter a different color.

Every letter? Wow....you do have aspirations (that won't be fulfilled). ;)

It's much much easier to read now on the white background than it used to be. Wasn't it some kind of script looking font before? Or am I thinking of someone else?

I thought the same thing -- it was harder to read on the old board, and I thought it had something to do with the font or the size. But maybe it's just a better contrast with this background. Or is it possible the fonts are a wee bit different here? Or maybe Darla and I are just thinking of the same "someone else".

But now it's fine.

Of course, now you've given away the secret of why you use purple, so if we want to mess you up we'll all start posting in purple, bwahaha :biggrinjester:

I thought the same thing -- it was harder to read on the old board, and I thought it had something to do with the font or the size. But maybe it's just a better contrast with this background. Or is it possible the fonts are a wee bit different here? Or maybe Darla and I are just thinking of the same "someone else".

But now it's fine.

Of course, now you've given away the secret of why you use purple, so if we want to mess you up we'll all start posting in purple, bwahaha :biggrinjester:

Oh, Gail.....you wouldn't dare! :boxing_smiley:

:lol:

I went and looked at one of your posts on the old board - the old font was more difficult for me to read than the font you are using today. What is showing up today I have no problem reading. Thanks for asking!

Interesting. Thanks for checking.

A little. Mostly I found it hard to read, so it wasn't the fact that it's a color, more that its hard on my eyes. It's actually easier now on the white background though.

I'm glad it's a little easier for you to read now. Hopefully it will stay that way if they change the color on the boards (sounds like they were going to try to change the white).

With a few people changing their user names now, I think you need to be consistent with purple. At least I know it's you. Purple looks good on a harsh white background.

:iagree: I'll stay ~AprilMay~ and I'll stay purple.