Menu

Special request....pony hunting.

Since the Hive has connections everywhere, I am going to be a bit bold with this request. Many of you know that we had to put dd's pony hunter down this weekend. I have been having her ride my big paint mare, but my mare is huge and stocky not a great match for 75lb (albeit very stong 12 yr old) girl in Pony Club.

So, we are starting to look and inquire about ponies or small horses that need to find a new home. If you know of anyone in or near Texas that is looking to reduce their horse numbers or needs an amazing home for their horse, would you please keep us in mind?

I know that somewhere out there is a horse that needs us as much as we need it.

I putting this here because many of you know me (in a sense). You know that when I say we will provide a great home, we will. Or that when I explain we can afford the care, but have medical bills still to pay on accident prone twins, I am not making it up! ;)

If you took the time to read this, thank you in advance. When we do find that special animal I will be sure to let you all know!:001_smile:

I saw your post about losing your daughter's pony--so sorry for your loss. I know how hard that is. I unexpectedly lost my first pony when I was your daughter's age and I remember just how awful it was.

I'm no help. I just sold the most awesome pony (ok, she topped out at 14.3, so no pony card) a couple months ago. And I'm nowhere near Texas. So I'll send lots of good pony-finding vibes your way instead! I'm sure the perfect little horse is out there somewhere. :001_smile:

I will keep an eye out on our local craigslists- this is where I've found some great ponies and also where I place my first ads. You need to tell me specifically what you want. Jumper? How trained? How big??

Ack! I also meant to say thanks for those who are already helping!!!!

We are looking for anything 13-15h. She would need it to for Pony Club, which means eventing, but at her level is small courses 2'3"-2'6"ish and flatwork. I can work with almost anything that is green broke, been used in games, driving or western. I just need to avoid a pony that is to "plodding" or "dead sided."

Here is the ad I put on craigslist http://houston.craigslist.org/grd/3409007214.html

I have already had some responses, but mainly brood mares headed to the sale barn. One quarter pony we will go look at next week, she was a gaming pony, is a prospect, but it is beyond my budget right now. So, we will only go forward if there is some negotiating. ;)

Thanks!

I saw your post about losing your daughter's pony--so sorry for your loss. I know how hard that is. I unexpectedly lost my first pony when I was your daughter's age and I remember just how awful it was.

I'm no help. I just sold the most awesome pony (ok, she topped out at 14.3, so no pony card) a couple months ago. And I'm nowhere near Texas. So I'll send lots of good pony-finding vibes your way instead! I'm sure the perfect little horse is out there somewhere. :001_smile:

Thanks! :D Yeah, the mare we just lost was 14.2 and 1/2 so no pony card. :( But she was wonderful!

I know of a great pony that might work but he is in Michigan. He might be very low cost though.

Twix is a tri-color 13.2hh stocky pony that jumps 3' and more. He is SUPER cute and willing BUT does require an experienced rider and needs to be worked with regularly. He is not the dead head sit for months and hop on pony. He tends to be FAST though and can speed through a jumping course---which maybe would be a good thing for enventing??? He was shown here in Michigan all summer by an 11 year old girl on a circuit. He leads, loads, ties, etc. Generally not spooky--but again, not a dead head.

The owners daughter that rode him moved out and they are 4H leaders and do mostly western pleasure and that he is not.

I don't know about shipping costs though but if you might be interested, I could likely get pictures and possibly some videos of him and let you talk to the trainer where he was all summer.

I just wanted to say thank you for everyone's prayers and thoughts. We did find a fully trained (albeit not finished over fences) 13.3 hand paso fino cross pony. He doesn't gait, but has beautiful movement. I will try to update with a picture when I am not on my phone.

I just wanted to say thank you for everyone's prayers and thoughts. We did find a fully trained (albeit not finished over fences) 13.3 hand paso fino cross pony. He doesn't gait, but has beautiful movement. I will try to update with a picture when I am not on my phone.

Good news!

Guest submarines

This is wonderful! Yes, pictures, please! :D

Here is my attempt to attach a picture of the new guy. He is the dark bay.

The picture with her in the hoodie was Sat morning. I got up, thinking I was the first awake and looked outside to see here already with him. She had gotten up really early and snuck outside. :)

That is great. Just wish you had wanted one or both of the ponies I know of in Michigan.

And also wondering why I didn't get notice of the replies to the thread like I did on the old forums

I tried to talk dh into it! I suggested we go and have Thanksgiving with the Michigan family, and just haul the trailer up with us. He didn't bite. :(

Guest submarines

Here is my attempt to attach a picture of the new guy. He is the dark bay.

The picture with her in the hoodie was Sat morning. I got up, thinking I was the first awake and looked outside to see here already with him. She had gotten up really early and snuck outside. :)

What beautiful pictures. They are bonding. :001_wub: :001_wub: