Menu

Printable Electrol College Map

I might like that map better if they numbers were in a nuetral black. Looking at that map, it looks like the election is already over. And yes, I know that certain states tend to go R or D, but "it aint over til the fat lady has sung". And I haven't done any singing! :D

I just printed it on my black and white printer and now all my numbers are in black. Even if you have a color printer it should be easy to just tell it to print it in black and white.

I might like that map better if they numbers were in a nuetral black. Looking at that map, it looks like the election is already over. And yes, I know that certain states tend to go R or D, but "it aint over til the fat lady has sung". And I haven't done any singing! :D

Did you read the map legend? The colors show how each state voted in 2008. This is kind of cool; it lets the kids compare the last election to this one as the results begin to roll in. The purple states are great for additional discussion on how the electoral college works if you have not yet covered that with your DC, as the purple denote states where the votes were split, in states that allow that to happen.

Edited by NittanyJen
additional info on the purple states.

Did you read the map legend? The colors show how each state voted in 2008. This is kind of cool; it lets the kids compare the last election to this one as the results begin to roll in. The purple states are great for additional discussion on how the electoral college works if you have not yet covered that with your DC, as the purple denote states where the votes were split, in states that allow that to happen.

Now I'm really happy about the pre-colored map because of the meaning of the colors (the 2008 election results). We already have one state (Indiana) that has flipped from 2008, which will show the kids that not all states vote the same way each time. We're waiting to see how Maine's fourth electoral vote goes (Maine and Nebraska can split their electoral votes).

If more states flip their votes from 2008, the colored numbers on the map will be a great lesson to the kids on why campaigns and their individual votes definitely matter.