Menu

Halloween movie suggestions?

Our plan was to pop popcorn, order pizza and cozy up to some Halloween movies tonight.

Can I also say that I know many families don't watch movies like this, and thats ok! But DS is fine with them, has a firm grasp on reality VS fantasy, and I choose carefully which ones we watch with him. :D

DS has zero suggestions now that I am asking, and I am having a hard time picking any to put on the instant Que, or even order on Demand from Cox cable.

So any netflix suggestions for fun, scary, but not too scary movies.

I would prefer no explicit S** or gratuitous BooKs. Dh and I plan to watch Exit Humanity after DS goes to bed, but that would be way too much for DS!

He has seen all the Paranormal Activity movies, Insidious, and some others I wished he hadn't...... but we draw the line at shows like American Horror Story, and Walking Dead (no zombies he might never sleep again!)

If all else fails we will just watch all the paranormal investigation shows on TV tonight, or start season 4 of Destination truth.

If you don't want gory/scary movies, the classic Arsenic and Old Lace is pretty fun, and The Ghost and Mr. Chicken with Don Knots. Other favorites of ours include It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown, and Abbot and Costello Meet Frankenstein, Meet the Mummy, and Hold that Ghost are all good.

We watched Beetlejuice a few days ago, and it was a hit.
DD the Elder and I watched this last night... and now I can't get Harry Belafonte out of my noggin. Great flick. :D

I'd vote for DT, myself. We're huge Josh Gates fans around here. :D

What is DT?

Oh...duh! Destination Truth!

We are watching Haunted Honeymoon right now, we just started it and DS keeps giving me looks :)

Edited by jeninok
ETA: Duh!

Our "traditional" Halloween movie for years was Hocus Pocus. Love it! We usually start in early October and try to watch a bunch of "scary" movies throughout the month. It didn't happen this year though.

Some of the ones we've enjoyed are 28 Days Later and its sequel 28 Weeks Later, Zombieland, Disturbia, Scream movies, Halloween series, Shaun of the Dead, Arachnaphobia, Beetlejuice, E.T., Monster House, The Shining, Young Frankenstein, Ghostbuster movies, etc.

What about Dark Shadows?

This year, we plan to watch Cabin in the Woods. We've seen it, so want to watch it with the commentary.

What is Exit Humanity?