Menu

Teachers Lounge 10-23-2012

Good morning! I began to write "Twilight Lounge" in the subject line because I had just seen the title to the Twilight thread! :lol:

Sorry the lounge was closed yesterday. It was a BUSY day! But here we are. May be another busy day!

Today's schedule includes my own studying, kids schoolwork, and maybe help in the drama company's costume department, along with AWANA for ds tonight. :auto:Glad I don't have ballet tonight, need to get some other stuff done!

Breakfast? We're having GF muffins (which I baked!) and whatever drinks everyone helped themselves to.

Lunch? No idea. Although I might see how easy it would be to make the GF pizza crust listed on the back of the GF flour bag.

Who needs extra coffee this morning? (Or just needs to start on their first round?) Me, oh, pick me! :D

Talk to me! :bigear:

We've been up early. Oldest DD14 has co op this morning. The rest of them are plugging away at school and everyone is trying to keep 15 month old from climbing.on.everything.

This afternoon we will pck up said child from co op and then its swim lessons and 4H.

Supper will be out

Lunch is whatever we grab out from the leftovers

Good Morning.

I've been up at my usual early time. Older dd off to school. I had my yogurt with berries and something for breakfast. Lunch for me will be apples and pb. Younger is having leftover fajitas.

We're doing school soon. Really. I mean it. I've been working, and she slept in. She was up late with bad dreams. Apparently letting her listen to the Moby Dick audiobook while she falls asleep isn't the best idea I ever had. She dreamed about things trying to eat her. Poor baby. She said the last thing she remembered was Ahab crying out, "My ship, My ship! Won't somebody save my ship!"

This afternoon, we're going to an art show. There will be works by Picasso, Raphael, Van Gogh, Matisse, Dali, Miro and more. I'm really excited.

I've had my quota of coffee until after lunch so maybe it is time for lunch so I can have some more.

Karen, I suggest you have lunch so you can have more coffee.

Jean, oh, the blasphemy! ;)

I finally drank all of mine although it was cooler than I liked. Maybe if I'd started drinking it sooner . . .

Off to pick up dd from the costume closet, then bring both kids back home, then off to the dentist for me. The fun never stops! :D

Karen, I suggest you have lunch so you can have more coffee.

Jean, oh, the blasphemy! ;)

I finally drank all of mine although it was cooler than I liked. Maybe if I'd started drinking it sooner . . .

Off to pick up dd from the costume closet, then bring both kids back home, then off to the dentist for me. The fun never stops! :D

Breakfast was waffles and fruit for kids, cottage cheese and coffee for me. I had school all lined up, but DH is home this week Md its throwing us off. His dad is very sick and he wanted them to go visit, so I pushed school back to this afternoon. Then he called his dad and they weren't home, so we ran to the library to pick up books and the auto part place to return a part that DH bought but then decided he didn't need.

Lunch was McDonald's on the way home from the library (out lf town)

Now, FIL is home, so they have gone to visit for an hour. They have to be home soon as dd has to get ready for her homecoming ball game tonight. She is royalty so we will have to spend a while on the hair and make up.

We might possibly get school done after the game? If not, then I guess everything is pushed back a day and it's weekend school again.

ETA: no idea about supper. Something quick. I have no idea why it posted my reply twice :(

Edited by Ghee

I guess I'm coming in late, but it's been a good day.

Schedule: Today was the book club that I lead for 3rd - 6th graders. We had read Tale of Despereaux. We discussed the book, covering setting, plot, characters, point of view. I also taught them about theme today along with simile/metaphors and onomatopoeia. We watched the movie and had soup for lunch.

Breakfast: cereal because we were heading out the door

Lunch: soup, crackers, and mouse cupcakes at book club

Coffee: I did drink extra because I was up too late getting together my final lesson plans for the book club.

Good morning! I began to write "Twilight Lounge" in the subject line because I had just seen the title to the Twilight thread! :lol:

Sorry the lounge was closed yesterday. It was a BUSY day! But here we are. May be another busy day!

Today's schedule includes my own studying, kids schoolwork, and maybe help in the drama company's costume department, along with AWANA for ds tonight. :auto:Glad I don't have ballet tonight, need to get some other stuff done!

Breakfast? We're having GF muffins (which I baked!) and whatever drinks everyone helped themselves to.

Lunch? No idea. Although I might see how easy it would be to make the GF pizza crust listed on the back of the GF flour bag.

Who needs extra coffee this morning? (Or just needs to start on their first round?) Me, oh, pick me! :D

Talk to me! :bigear:

On tap for today is to still unpack from Disney World, light schooling, and Ladies' Bible Study tonight.

Breakfast: We had cereal.

Lunch: Leftover spaghetti from last night and hot wings for my middle child who's not a huge spaghetti fan.

As for coffee, I'll pass :ack2: I actually don't like any hot drinks, no hot tea, no hot cocoa, nothing. I think my mouth is too sensitive or something because hot drinks are painful to drink. :confused:

I'll stick with organic pineapple/orange juice instead. ;)

Scrap, I had some caffeine in the form of English breakfast tea. It helped me to focus a bit better because my mind was flitting all over the place. I also gave some to ds15. He said that it tasted like warm brown water but that he liked warm brown water. It made him a bit hyper but he did get quite a bit of school done.

Dd10 had a nice school morning. She worked on an entry about Vikings for her school blog. Then she got done with an entire Japanese lesson on Mango. She's doing quite well.

Karen, I get it. I just ordered 3 bags of Jules' Gluten Free flour plus 3 of her bread mixes to get me started! Where do you buy gluten free bread?

Jpoy, I hope you enjoyed your lazy day. The kids don't know it yet, but aside from dd's Classic Books group on Friday, they don't have school that day because **I** need to work on my own stuff. ;^0

Did I read before that you have a Sprouts? Ours has a variety of gf breads. Udi's White Bread is my dd's favorite that is readily available (it is typically in the frozen bread section). There is a local gf bakery that makes much better and softer bread. I'd first check for local bakeries, then try the Udi's. They also make a pretty decent pizza crust too.